Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

me7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
How is the performance on your touch compared to 8.3 and iOS 7?
I'm still on 7.1.2 and afraid to upgrade.

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015
I want to change my statement i feel my ipod touch 5 and the ipad air 2 a little slower now.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
I want to change my statement i feel my ipod touch 5 and the ipad air 2 a little slower now.

lol the air 2? If the air 2 slowed down a little then the Touch would slow down a lot.

the Air 2 doubles in performance in every category of the Air 1. lol the touch is nearly the same internals as iPad 2.

your statement does not compute

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015
lol the air 2? If the air 2 slowed down a little then the Touch would slow down a lot.

the Air 2 doubles in performance in every category of the Air 1. lol the touch is nearly the same internals as iPad 2.

your statement does not compute

Ha, do you think theres only 1 ios version for all apple devices? Ha ha, no, the one the ipad air 2 gets its not the same the ipod touch gets lol.

Ios 8.4 is affecting the performance on both devices plus is buggy (specially on the ipod touch). Nothing new with each major ios update.

Last edited:

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
Ha, do you think theres only 1 ios version for all apple devices? Ha ha, no, the one the ipad air 2 gets its not the same the ipod touch gets lol.

Ios 8.4 is affecting the performance on both devices plus is buggy (specially on the ipod touch). Nothing new with each major ios update.

iOS 8 seems faster on my iPhone 5, around the same on my Mini 2 and after a clean install and restore in iTunes, around the same if not a little slower on my iPad 2.

Videos I've seen of the 4S on 8.4 would indicate almost identical performance, and since the Touch 5 is so similar, the same thing should happen (though the video was of a clean install of both iOS 8.3 and 8.4)

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015
iOS 8 seems faster on my iPhone 5, around the same on my Mini 2 and after a clean install and restore in iTunes, around the same if not a little slower on my iPad 2.

Videos I've seen of the 4S on 8.4 would indicate almost identical performance, and since the Touch 5 is so similar, the same thing should happen (though the video was of a clean install of both iOS 8.3 and 8.4)

I was just giving my personal opinion to the OP, you guys should quote him.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.