iOS 8.4 ruined orientation om iPad Air 2ok

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by bnmcj1, Jul 6, 2015.

1. bnmcj1 macrumors 6502

Any fix for this? My iPad air 2 is ruined. Wake delays and orientation does not work most times. Especially not when woken via the home button. Thanks Apple. Therefore also ruined touch id.

2. jrolson macrumors member

jrolson

Orientation will work again if you turn off "reduced motion" in the settings...

I went back to 8.3 because 8.4 seems way to buggy... Couldn't be happier!

3. StonewallBrown macrumors regular

StonewallBrown

I had all those issues today on my iPad 2 today. A hard reset fixed it for me.

4. cynics macrumors G3

Yeeaahhh.... I wish I would have stuck with 8.3.

All my apps became totally unresponsive the other day but the OS UI itself continued to work fine. Even Apples apps were unresponsive and would not rotate. Had to do a reset and everything has been fine since.

Here is a quick video I made when it happened.

Like those editing skills? Look out James Cameron....

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

As long as Apple is signing 8.3, you can still downgrade to it. Instructions are on the web, and you can download it here: https://ipsw.me

Just be forewarned that you can't restore to a backup you made on 8.4, at least as I understand it. I did my 6 & Air 2 this morning because I'd simply had it with performance on both. VERY happy to be back on 8.3, where the Air 2 is nice and smooth again. I ended up having to setup as new on the phone, and used the 8.3 backup I'd taken before upgrading to 8.4 on the iPad. It was worth it.

6. cynics macrumors G3

I heard about the backup thing thats why I havent attempted to rollback. For some reason, like a goof I updated then backed up both my iPhone and iPad.

However on the bright side I'm not experiencing much lag like others have described. Might be hard to tell from the video since most everything is unresponsive what is responsive is smooth.

7. soupcxan macrumors member

I too am having this problem on Air 2 after going to 8.4. Where is Apple's QA?

8. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Had the same issue with orientation but rebooting fixed the issue.

9. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

Well as of today they are no longer signing 8.3 so I'm glad i got my iPad back down to 8.3 last week.

10. atmuwben macrumors newbie

Thank you for the video! I thought it was only me. This touchscreen unresponsiveness seems to occur occasionally after I do the Pinch to Home Screen gesture.

What Reset did you perform?

11. cynics macrumors G3

Lock + home button until Apple logo pops up.