iOS 8 and Ford Sync

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by det2004, Jan 26, 2015.

1. det2004 macrumors 6502

Just paired my IP6 with Ford Sync, and everything is working well, except when I stream music there is no track info or album art available on the radio display. Is there any way to get the song name and artist to show on the radio, instead of just displaying "bluetooth audio" the whole time?

Thanks!

2. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

Yeah......thats normal. It only displays if you have it plugged in. Lame, but thats the way it is.

3. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

...just for the record, its the same on other brands too. My Honda shows Bluetooth Audio on the display when using that connection. I see the song info and album art when connected to the USB only.

4. joudbren macrumors regular

OP, are you using basic 'Sync' or 'FMT' (Ford My Touch) version of Sync? I don't have any experience with basic Sync but my 13 Escape SEL does have FMT ver 3.6.2 and bluetooth pairing is working pretty much perfectly. I see artist and track info on the Ford touchscreen from my iPhone 6 and previously from iPhone 5s via bluetooth. No album art though, that only works with USB.

In fact, I've just started to play with Spotify and Rdio on my iPhone in the car and the track and artist info shows up on my Ford's touchscreen for those apps as well over bluetooth. Do a Google search for syncmyride (all one word) and that should steer you to Ford's Sync user forums. Might find some additional info there on things to try. Also make sure your version of Sync is updated to the latest available for your Ford. Cheers!

5. dhlizard, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015

dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I have MyFordTouch also and when Bluetooth streaming with my iDevices I also see the Artist/song info from screen. I can control the song selection, pause, skip, forward, back from the screen as well.

Ford does have a app to catalog all your iTunes music to be compatible with the radio. It's called "Sync my Tunes" and is on Ford's Sync website

2011 Ford Edge

Attached Files:

6. det2004 thread starter macrumors 6502

This may sound stupid, but I think it's just the basic Sync. It definitely doesn't have a touch screen, but I am not sure of all of the differences between Ford Sync, and Sync with MyFord

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

The Ford Sync website has the info about each different one.

8. det2004 thread starter macrumors 6502

I think I have the basic Ford Sync with voice navigation.

It doesn't appear that the track info will work, and it also appears the the iPhone isn't compatible with the text messaging over bluetooth feature either.

9. savagewatts macrumors regular

Same here. I see mine with an iPhone 6 Plus in my 2013 Escape. I saw somewhere in here that going to the bluetooth setting for your car under settings and changing to notification on can fix the problem. I know it turns audible text on but I'm not sure if it will fix this issue for you. Again, mine just worked.

I also use iTunes Match and don't physically have the songs on my phone. The stream. I'm not sure if this makes a difference either in your case. I do know that whether streaming or physically on my phone, the song and artist info shows.

10. mjschabow macrumors 65816

I can see it all and control my iPhone Music App using Match on my 2015 Mazda 3. It's awesome.

11. det2004 thread starter macrumors 6502

Which version of Sync do you have?

12. GrumpyTrucker macrumors 6502a

I'm in the UK and we lag way behind the U.S. with Sync functionality. I've got a 2014 Fiesta with basic Sync and Bluetooth streaming works flawlessly. Artist and track info display just fine, and incoming texts display too. I can't send any outgoing texts though.

It's more than likely a Sync software version issue. If you're in the U.S. can't you download Sync updates to USB and install them yourself? We don't even have that capability here, so basically the version of Sync that comes with the car is the one we're stuck with.

13. savagewatts macrumors regular

I can't remember for sure but I think 3.6.MFT. Sync is for vehicles without the screen.

14. det2004 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have Sync, and I have a screen, it's just not the MFT with the touchscreen.

15. det2004 thread starter macrumors 6502

I finally just exported some of my iTunes playlists to a USB drive, and have been using that.

I still have my phone connected for calls, but it would be nice to get an audible text alert when I get a new message, especially since there's absolutely nowhere to stash my smartphone within view in the Focus, since there's no storage anywhere.