Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blah007

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2011
Hi when someone sends me an audio/voice message in a text message, and it says 'raise to listen' I raise to listen and it Doesn't work.
Or when it says 'raise to talk' it doesn't work. I have to press the play sign in order for it to play.

Anyone else having this problem? Is it an ios8 bug or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

vpatel787

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2014
Raise to Listen

I am running an iPhone 5 and my raise to listen works after I restart my phone but then after a while it stops working and I am no longer able to record and send a message after a while.

I raise my phone to my ears, the screen turns off (like its supposed to) but the audible beep to start recording doesn't sound and no audio is recorded.

I have restored my phone, performed hard resets but it continues to work temporarily only right after the reboot.

I believe this is a bug in the OS and needs to be addressed in the next update unless someone has figured out a solution to this issue?

blah007

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2011
I did a clean install too. I restored my phone, started fresh, didn't install the backup. Still doesn't work after 2 complete restores.
Hope it works after next update

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Hi when someone sends me an audio/voice message in a text message, and it says 'raise to listen' I raise to listen and it Doesn't work.
Or when it says 'raise to talk' it doesn't work. I have to press the play sign in order for it to play.

Anyone else having this problem? Is it an ios8 bug or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

You have to wait for it to load. Sometimes it has to load for a second or two which ma cause you to think it isn't working. Also check that the volume is WAY up.

blah007

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2011
You have to wait for it to load. Sometimes it has to load for a second or two which ma cause you to think it isn't working. Also check that the volume is WAY up.

I did that, screen won't even turn black.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.