iOS 8 Beta 2 is much more stable

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by jpadhiyar, Jun 19, 2014.

1. jpadhiyar macrumors regular

Am I the only one not experiencing difficulties in iOS 8 Beta 2? It is working just fine on my iPad 3.

What's your experience with iOS 8 Beta 2?

2. sird28 macrumors member

I agree much more stable overall, but it has some terrible bugs.

I had to revert back to 7.1.1 because of messaging bugs.

When I tried to create a new message that I didn't already have a thread open on, it completely froze and locked up. Tried force quitting the app and re-booting my phone, it still crashed it.
    :(

3. indiecraig macrumors member

I have the same bug. If anyone is sticking with beta 2, use the workaround of finding the contact in the phone or contacts app and tapping the speech bubble next to the required number. This opens a message sheet for that number and a flashing cursor in the text field, no crashing, but you can't use this workaround to send group messages.

4. rmeadejr macrumors 6502a

rmeadejr

i have not had this messaging bug. beta 2 has been great for me so far.....lets knock on some wood...lol

5. Liberachi86 macrumors member

6. Sharkey311 Suspended

Got more stable, will get more and more stable.

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Im absolutely hating Beta 2 at the moment. Messages is freezing and I can't answer or make phone calls :mad:

8. rtomyj macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

Haha same. I am getting the feeling that this iOS will have no impact on performance in all devices. On beta 2 it's running almost as well as 7.1.1. Almost isn't good enough though ^_^

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

iOS 8 seems to run like Windows 7 compared to iOS 7 which ran more like Vista i.e. slower on slower hardware.

10. rtomyj macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

On my iPad mini first gen and iPod touch it ran amazingly. Although there is noticeably lag when you scroll up the CC on the iPod.

11. crewpride macrumors member

It's been worse for me. Slow to wake from locked when I hit the home button. Location services keeps randomly switching to off. The battery percentage randomly disappears. I show up on 3G occasionally, until I switch in and out of airplane mode. And battery life has been terrible. Anxiously awaiting beta 3.

12. lovewd macrumors 6502

lovewd

Works surprisingly well on my iPad 3...I haven't encountered any serious issues. But I am still hesitant to put it on my phone

13. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I finally did a clean restore, and everything is beautiful (in its own way). I'm even happy with the battery life right now. I haven't used it much for anything but a little email and the timer today, but it's only at 91%.

14. ajay96 macrumors 6502

How's the performance on a 4S? I used beta 1. Not sure about 2 yet.

15. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

Still terrible like every other early beta. Tried it for a day and had to revert back to 7.1.1.