iOS 8 beta 3 long carrier name

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by so.anas, Jul 16, 2014.

1. so.anas macrumors newbie

This bug exists since iOS 7.1 update and it was not fixed yet.

I have described the problem in the thread below.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1727969

Just to summarise if your carrier name is too long and does not fit on the status bar, it creates a delay in opening apps.

I have observed that the problem still exists in iOS 8 beta 3. I have reported the problem in apple like 4-5 times.

As i am not developer, can any developer here open a thread in apple to report this problem? It makes my iPhone 5s slower than 4s.

2. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

use the bug reporter app, im not a dev & apple even responded to my bug report on beta 3's launch date, which they fixed in beta 3 anyway.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

You can also report at http://bugreport.apple.com (you just sign up as a free developer which anyone can do any time).

4. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

Whoa lol good thing my carrier name is "o2-de" and nothing longer :D

Why are you using iOS 8 beta 3 if you're not a developer? Also, file a bug report using the bug reporter app... This thing appears to be more serious than it seems since there are crashes during this half second.

5. so.anas thread starter macrumors newbie

I have not installed the beta on my iphone. I saw that the bug was not fixed on a friend's iphone which had ios 8 beta 3. I filed a bug report to apple. Still waiting! I will update this thread when i have an answer.

6. DoctorKrabs macrumors 6502a

DoctorKrabs

If the issue is in the current iOS 7.1, it doesn't matter whether you're a developer. You can go to bugreport.apple.com mentioned earlier, whether you're a paid developer or not and report the issue. It seems that you've already done that, and if they fix it, they should notify you or ask if it is in a later version of iOS

7. so.anas thread starter macrumors newbie

Guys, just a question.

Normally how long does it take apple to answer a bug report?

Is there any chance that they will ignore it?

8. foti658 macrumors newbie

Same problem here

I am calling cytanet for 10 days now, they keep ignoring me on this problem...

The only solution would be a possibility to have a software that would be able to change the carrier name (it existed once under IOS6) or jailbreak... Please solution needed ASAP !