iOS 8 Beta 3 Stalling Wifi

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by cadewii, Jul 16, 2014.

1. cadewii macrumors newbie

Hello, I've noticed this issues on my iPhone 5s and iPhone 5. Whenever I'm connected to Wifi it works for a little bit then when browsing websites or using apps that use Wifi it begins to stall and becomes unresponsive. What I have been doing to fix the issue is either manually shut the wifi off and turn it back on or soft reset the device. Sometimes it works, if not I have to do one of those fixes again. I just want to know if other users have this issues too or if it's my actual device. I don't think I could go into an Apple store and show them the problem especially with the device having iOS 8 Beta 3. I have reinstalled the Beta, reset my wireless router too. It all stems back to the actual iPhones. I hope other people are experiencing this too and it's just an issue in Beta 3. Thanks for the help guys.!

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Have you checked the device logs? If you think its the actual device, restore to 7.1.2 and see if you have the same issues.

3. cadewii thread starter macrumors newbie

How can I check the device logs and what should I be looking for?

4. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I figured if you had the beta installed you had some sort of knowledge of how to troubleshoot the device. Probably should go back to 7.1.2 just to be safe.

5. cadewii thread starter macrumors newbie

I just put 7 back on my 5 and the wifi is working flawlessly. My deduction is that it's all tied with iOS 8 Beta 3. Kind of a bummer though. I'll do a fresh install on the 5 and see if that will fix the issue. Just weird about the stalling Wifi. Not sure what and why it would do that. Also the term "It's a Beta" only goes so far.

6. gglittle macrumors regular

"It's a beta"

Actually "It's a beta" says it all. It is, after all, a beta. Things do not always work as expected, as designed, and seldom as desired, in a beta. If you install a beta you do need to know how to trouble shoot some of the issues that can be encountered in a beta; reset network connections, reset the entire device, look at device logs, as well as report problems to Apple. If you install a beta you should also expect to loose all data, and have to re-install all apps. It's a beta. It's not ready for prime time and may not even be ready for better informed developers. "It's a beta" goes as far as is needed.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Interesting that you thought wifi would work flawlessly in a beta. You should check out the threads where people lost their photos. Also interesting that they thought photos wouldn't be lost in a beta.

Bingo!

8. The Flying Kite macrumors regular

I've been experiencing this on my iPad Air and my iPhone 5, so needn't worry; it's definitely an issue with the beta, not your devices.

9. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

my iphone 5(a1428) is fine with both 2.4ghz & 5ghz on ios 8 beta 3. router is a tl-wdr4900 v1.3 with dd-wrt

10. Wrong Turn macrumors member

Actually, i have had this very issue with my iPad since long before iOS8 beta.
    Shutting off and on wifi has been the general solution to the problem.
    So im pretty sure it's not related to the software, but the hardware.

But then again, i'm no expert...