iOS 8 Beta 4 - random "No SIM Installed" error

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Radiotube, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Radiotube macrumors newbie

Just since installing beta 4 of iOS 8, I am now getting random "No SIM Installed" pop ups forcing me to quickly restart to recover, or if I delay, I am required to reauthorize the phone. It happened 4 times yesterday and three times so far today (and the day is early). One time while I was driving, listening to a podcast via bluetooth and also using Waze at the same time, it happened in an AT&T deadzone. I thought perhaps it might be related to weak or no signals, but then it happened again in my office with a good signal. I can't identify what triggers it, but I have a valid SIM installed, and I am using an AT&T account on an iPhone 5 of recent manufacture.
    I was going to report it with the Bug Reporter, but it is no longer available in iOS 8 beta 4.
    Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?

Regards,
    Kevin

2. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I haven't seen this issues in b4 so far. Try taking out your SIM card and cleaning it off. It may not be making good contact.

3. Radiotube, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014

Radiotube thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion. I did just that yesterday and thought it might be coincidence and not related to the beta 4 release.

Since it happened a few times today again, however, I don't think that was the solution.

Oh, by the way, it gave me a slightly different message today.

"MM #3
    SIM not allowed"
    (with Dismiss button below)​