Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanHodgson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
Hi,

I'm having trouble trying to restore my iPhone 5S. I have too many bugs with Beta 4 incl. a one which says that I have used up all of my memory, of which I know I am no where near 32GB. So I can't even update to Beta 5 as you need X amount of memory.
When trying to restore in iTunes a message appears that says (see attachment).

To top things off my developer program ran out yesterday, so if I enter DFU mode will I loose my dev preview?

Any help guys?

-Is anyone else having trouble with photos/events from iPhoto syncing (i.e. none at all) with this new cloud based system?

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
Hi,

I'm having trouble trying to restore my iPhone 5S. I have too many bugs with Beta 4 incl. a one which says that I have used up all of my memory, of which I know I am no where near 32GB. So I can't even update to Beta 5 as you need X amount of memory.
When trying to restore in iTunes a message appears that says (see attachment).

To top things off my developer program ran out yesterday, so if I enter DFU mode will I loose my dev preview?

Any help guys?

-Is anyone else having trouble with photos/events from iPhoto syncing (i.e. none at all) with this new cloud based system?

It appears that you didn't attach what you intended to attach. Anyhow, assuming that you still had access to your dev account, you could've updated by downloading the beta 5 IPSW off of the dev site and then either using shift-click update or shift-click restore to install it (keeping in mind that update would update while restore would wipe and reinstall all of your data). I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that both updating and restoring will cause an activation failure on the beta firmware due to your dev account being expired. As for entering DFU, if you want to go back to 7.1.2, then entering DFU is the way to go. If you want to stay on the betas, I would stay as far away from DFU as possible. To me, it seems that your only options are to stay on beta 4 until you get your UDID registered again or until beta 4 expires in which case you will have to revert back to iOS 7.1.2. Or you can simply go back to 7.1.2 now. Your choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.