iOS 8 beta 4 SMS between iPhone and iPad?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by MizuNoHane, Jul 24, 2014.

1. MizuNoHane macrumors member

I've been looking all over the forums and internet for an answer to this (maybe in all the wrong places). I know SMS sending doesn't work in Yosemite currently, but SMS also isn't working between my iPhone and iPad on iOS 8 beta 4. I have them both logged in with the same Apple ID and they are both on the same Wifi network. SMS messages sent from my iPhone show up on my iPad, but when I try to send them using my iPad they don't go through. Phone calls from my iPad work perfectly. There's no mention of SMS not working in the iOS 8 beta 4 changelog. Is there a setting I'm neglecting here? Just want to make sure I'm covering all my bases before I chalk it up to general bugitude.

2. theapplefanboyj macrumors 6502a

Thy do work. Just send a message from your iPhone and it should be working on your iPad

3. MizuNoHane thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I realized that, at least in my case, I needed to start the thread from my iPhone first in order for me to send subsequent messages from my iPad. Now to figure out how to enable SMSing on the Yosemite public beta....