iOS 8 Beta 5 iCloud Help!

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by houssein31, Aug 4, 2014.

1. houssein31 macrumors regular

I just installed the new Beta and theres this really annoying bug that keep coming up everytime i try to use iCloud. For some reason, iCloud signed out of my Apple ID after installing beta 5 and I can't sign back in.

When I go in settings>iCloud and after I enter my Apple ID and password and tap Sign in, it first tells me "An error as occurred while trying to save the iCloud account" and after I tap Ok and Sign in again, I'm shown another poppup saying "myappleID@me.com is Already Added. This iCloud account has already been added to your iPhone"

but its NOT because I still am not signed in.

Anyone knows what to do?

2. YarnoTruly macrumors newbie

3. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

I'd recommend a clean install. From my experience (and some others I know) betas and restores don't mix well. Especially if from a previous iOS generation to a beta.

4. YarnoTruly macrumors newbie

So when u power up the phone are you still in setup mode" ? i.e. you have the welcome screen? If so, skip that step, don't sign in there. Try signing in under settings/iCloud after you have completed setup...See if that works 1st of all..

additionally, have you opted to keep photo stream or accepted iCloud photo? there's a difference, as I found out to my cost in B4

5. iJason87 macrumors regular

I'm having the same issue when I updated OTA from B4. However just on my 5S and not my Air. Went back to 7.1.2 for now.

6. cageface macrumors newbie

For me a General > Reset > Reset All Settings seems to have fixed this.

7. DemonicZeus macrumors member

Having the same issue as well. But iMessage works though! Contacts and Photo Stream are gone due to the iCloud problem.

8. iJason87 macrumors regular

Skipping putting in my password during setup worked perfectly. Thanks soo much!

9. YarnoTruly macrumors newbie