iOS 8 beta is missing something...

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Bengy66, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Bengy66 macrumors regular

I feel even though most of us are testing a beta that we are really missing the "meat & potatoes" of this update.

The beauty of this update will be when we see the extensions that the developers have cooked into their apps and how it will seamless incorporate the software. I am hoping with Touch ID being opened up that I never enter or forget another password again much less plug in my credit card info. And that's just the beginning.

2. afsnyder macrumors 65816

I agree that devs would make iOS 8 much better.

For instance, I would love to see a flipboard extension so I can see cover news in the today view and click into to get the stuff I want.

3. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Yes, this version of iOS won't be fully available until it's public release day, it isn't like older versions where you could practically experience the whole update ahead of time. We're currently seeing a held back version of iOS 8 and we have to wait for launch to see it's true potential.

4. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

yeah, wait until about a month or 2 after 8.0 gets released. then you will have the full update.

5. kryptonkid07 macrumors regular

kryptonkid07

Or in some cases, 6 months. But I agree. It's been like that for the past few iterations of iOS.

iOS 6 was when the iPhone 5 came out, if I remember correctly, and we had to wait a few months for devs to accommodate the 4" screen. (of course, no one had a 4" screen when the beta came out, so maybe this is a bad example)

iOS 7 - We had to wait for devs to catch up to the new UI, and even now, some apps haven't caught up (The only big one I can think of for me is Tweetbot for iPad)

6. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

It's more than visual changes this time though.

7. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

The most painful thing was the transition from non-retina to retina displays. The apps that not been updated looked like crap on the hi-rez screen.

8. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

I've been beta testing the iOS 8 version of 1Password and I love it. Both the Touch ID and the extension are great. I can't wait to see what other devs will come up with.

9. Bengy66 thread starter macrumors regular

How did you get a beta of 1password?

10. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

They had a beta signup on their website. I've been testing both the iOS and the Mac betas.

11. kryptonkid07 macrumors regular

kryptonkid07

Of course! How could I forget that? I remember getting an iPhone 4 in the mail the day BEFORE it came out in stores and being so stoked, but having to deal with so many non-retina apps for a good while.