iOS 8 Beta - Stuck in Recovery

Seraphx17

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
I'm a registered dev and decided to update to beta 2 through iTunes. Right when it started, I received an error and now my phone is in recovery mode.

Now iTunes cannot recognize it (my computer does via the device manager), whether it's in DFU mode or standard recovery mode.

Anyone have a similar problem/have any advice?

Seraphx17

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
It's registered, and yes it was registered months ago. I know it wasn't a problem with the UDID; the error displayed was "An unknown error occurred -1"

taptic

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2012
California
I'm a registered dev and decided to update to beta 2 through iTunes. Right when it started, I received an error and now my phone is in recovery mode.

Now iTunes cannot recognize it (my computer does via the device manager), whether it's in DFU mode or standard recovery mode.

Anyone have a similar problem/have any advice?
I would try the program tiny umbrella to try and get it out. It's done wonders for me...

SixSlinger

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
It's registered, and yes it was registered months ago. I know it wasn't a problem with the UDID; the error displayed was "An unknown error occurred -1"

Try restoring/updating using Xcode. I've had success in the past in similar situations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.