iOS 8 Broke an App

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Brian Y, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Hi All,

Curious as to what the best thing for me to do in this situation is.

A while ago I purchased an App, I think it was around £10, from Atari. iOS 8 has completely broken this app, and you can't restore your purchases. The development team (Code Mystic) has said they know about the problem and are trying to resolve it, but aren't having much luck - this is on their forum.

Atari themselves are ignoring my emails, and Apple have sent back a standard response telling me to contact Atari, and won't refund the amount paid for the app because it's over the 90 day period. Moreover, atari are STILL selling this app which they know doesn't work :(

What's the next point of escalation/action to take? Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

So, Atari is knowingly selling an app that won't work? Seems like you need to get Atari to either update the app, or refund you your money.

3. Brian Y thread starter macrumors 68040

Yep, they're still selling it even though they know it's not broken (The developer has said so on their forum).

Atari ignores emails, and there's no way to contact them by phone :/.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

What about reporting it to Apple not for refund purposes but for essentially non-functional/abuse type of purposes (that the app is being sold and is non-functional) so that at least Apple could look into it from that point of view and remove the app and/or nudge the developer to update it.

5. dyt1983 macrumors 65816

To be fair... it is an iOS 6 app. When Mac OS X discontinued support for OS9 applications, or Microsoft stopped running WinNT 4 applications, I don't think refunds were given or appropriate.

If you buy it NOW and it doesn't work on iOS 8, you can get Apple to refund within 90 days (or however long it is in your area). But I believe AGH actually runs with the included game, it's just the in-app purchases (additional games) that don't work.

6. Brian Y thread starter macrumors 68040

But look at it this way. If you bought a PlayStation or Xbox game and then a little while later an update stopped it from working, would you find that acceptable?