Ios 8 broken?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Wbutchart, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Wbutchart macrumors regular

Hi all, my observations from using ios8 for a few days now is not good. Firstly there is no lag which is nice on my iPad mini retina but here's what I have noticed.

Keyboard shortcuts are erratic at best, sometimes they work others times not at all - not idea!

Multitouch gestures are erratic, these frequently do nothing, I am having to use the home button again, that has been a relic rarely used, wish it has stayed that way, far less intuitive now that I can't multitouch much.

Wifi has been obliterated! My wifi (bt homehub) does not work much at all now. It will show connected to wifi but no internet comes through. This happens when surfing the net, or especially when trying to watch a video (switching wifi off then on May work, however I have had to hard reset three times to get wifi back too).

Not impressed, this update has significantly reduced the usability of my ipad.

2. bransoj macrumors 6502a

I dont really use multitouch but in terms of both my iPhone 5 and iPad 3 i've had no issues with the few shortcuts i have and my wifi connection is exactly as it was before.

3. cynics macrumors G4

I'm being too think 1 year isn't enough time for Apple to get a new version of iOS out and be too the quality people come to expect.

iOS 7 felt rushed and still never made it to the level I would have liked to have seen.

Sometimes there are things that just take more time no matter how many people and how much money you throw at it.

Although I'm on a 4S so it's not a very fair comparison I feel like iOS 8 UI is more jerky and stuttery then gingerbread on android with way more graphical glitches.

It's usable yes, but either iOS 8 wasn't ready for the 4S or the 4S should have never gotten it. If I would have bought the phone like this I probably would have returned it.