iOS 8 bug with earphones that have Mic/volume controls?

richard371

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
I noticed after I updated my 5S to 8 I would sometimes have issues with my earphones where the music would pause and unpause several times or the volume would decrease etc. I just got the 6 and have the same issue. I have the RHA 450 headphones. Its like someone keeps pushing the pause button. I rebooted the phone and this would help for awhile. Anyone else have this issue? Its very intermittent.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 68030
Jul 6, 2007
Using the earbuds that came with my iPhone 6 and have zero problems such as you describe. Have you tried with stock headphones to eliminate your headphones as the culprit?

MacTCE

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2013
Upstate NY
I noticed after I updated my 5S to 8 I would sometimes have issues with my earphones where the music would pause and unpause several times or the volume would decrease etc. I just got the 6 and have the same issue. I have the RHA 450 headphones. Its like someone keeps pushing the pause button. I rebooted the phone and this would help for awhile. Anyone else have this issue? Its very intermittent.
Did you restore your new 6 from an iTunes backup? If you did I would try to find a friend or family members phone to try the headphones on. If that's not an option you could always try restoring your 5S or 6 as a new device and then try them. If there's a software issue those can sometimes get passed to new devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.