Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jnachbar

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2010
Anybody know how to turn off the GMT time description in Calendar on my iPhone 6 in iOS 8. The event is in the correct time block, but the description states the time in GMT right after the title.

This only shows up on the iPhone, not in Calendar on my Mac mini (Mavericks) nor in google cal which syncs with Calendar. I think it is only associated with events I export from Outlook, import into google and then sync with Calendar. I know I have a lot of exporting and syncing going on with trying to keep outlook, google and calendar playing nicely so it may not be fair to say it's a bug....but anybody know how to turn this off?

It is annoying!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Out of curiosity what is being used to sync the Exchange/Outlook calendar with Google Calendar?

jnachbar

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2010
Out of curiosity what is being used to sync the Exchange/Outlook calendar with Google Calendar?

I had googlesync, but that was discontinued, I used another product, can't remember it's name, but it was really just a macro for a outlook calendar export and then a google import.

Now I just do it manually....I export my outlook to a dos file, then import it into google cal...which worked great when I was on android and actually work fine now because apple cal syncs fine with google cal. I'm not really sure if what it is doing is syncing, but I figured how to have my mac calendar program show all my mac calendars and google calendars and it syncs fine between the mac and iPhone.

It is all one way from outlook to google, then automatic between google and mac. My best guess is this has something to do with the exported outlook file I'm bringing into google. Read a little bit about timezone and windows/outlook, then decided to live with GMT on my work appointment rather than try to become windows/outlook expert. May try again, who knows?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.