iPhone IOS 8 Cannot Copy and App from iTunes to iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Jakamarra, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Jakamarra macrumors newbie

I am fairly new to iOS. I have iPhone 5S which has recently been updated to iOS 8. I use fairly long complicated password for security and my iPhone is set to require a password for any download from the App Store. When using iOS 7 I would download an app to my iTunes on my PC. With the iPhone connected I just used to drag and drop the app and it would install on the iPhone. With iOS 8 this doesn't seem to work anymore. It seems as if it's going to do it but nothing happens.

Can anyone help me with this particular problem, I have done some searching but I can't find anyone else is having the same problem.

Robert…

2. nippyjun macrumors 65816

When your phone is connected to the computer with itunes open.....
    Click on the phone on the left column.
    Click on the apps tab.
    Check the apps you want added.
    Sync.

3. Jakamarra thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much for your reply. I have followed your instructions carefully. I have clicked on the apps I want to transfer and they are highlighted with a dark outline. I then go to the phone and click 'Sync' it performs a backup and nothing else. No apps are transferred.

As I said before I had no problem with iOS 7 but nothing is shifting on this one. Is there any possible chance there is some setting that I'm not aware of that needs to be changed.

Robert…

4. Jakamarra thread starter macrumors newbie

I fixed it, the problem was I was not using the latest version of iTunes as soon as I updated iTunes everything worked.

Thanks,
    Robert…