iOS 8 causing problems on iPad Air - how to reinstall?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by emporiky, Sep 26, 2014.

1. emporiky macrumors regular

Hi guys, since iOS 8 update the performance of my iPad Air have worsened quite a lot (especially Safari performance). There are other disturbing bugs such as the strange sounds, which occasionally completely disappear an the only solution is a reboot.

I am now considering to make a clean install of iOS 8, but I don't want to erase any of my data. How can I do this? Make a backup and then restore? Any hints for an Apple newbie :cool: ?

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Yes, make a full backup and then reset the iPad. You'll have to pull down all of your apps again and all of that. Not a big deal though.

Have you tried some simpler things like resetting network settings and completely clearing safaris cache? It's worth a try. You can also go through and make sure that features you don't use or need are in fact turned off. I've noticed after some OS updates that features get turned ON for whatever reason. Like Bluetooth.

Is background app refresh OFF? That's a killer.

Hope that helps.

3. emporiky thread starter macrumors regular

4. richardmu macrumors 6502a

I suggest you wait for the various iOS updates the will come along soon.

I had serious wifi problems on my Air after iOS 8, almost unusable. iOS 8.0.2 has improved things but it's still not right. I guarantee there will be an 8.0.3
    along before too long. Hang in there, Apple will hopefully fix all these bugs
    sooner rather than later. An iPad with rubbish wifi is next to useless.

5. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

on windows in itunes hold shift then click restore, select the 8.0.2 ipsw. for :apple: i think its the option key instead of shift