iOS 8 dissapearing music/syncing problem

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Happyduck8, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Happyduck8 macrumors newbie

Hi all

I just updated my 64gb 4s to the new software 8.0.2 from i think 7.1.1
    My itunes is also up to date running version 11.4. But after the install it seems all my music is gone from my iphone. When i check it still says that there is like 33gb plus been used up on the device which is obviously some of the music but its not visible. I tried resyncing all the songs from itunes but keep getting stuck on "waiting for changes". I tried researching this problem across the web and saw one solution that seemed to work for other users which was to go into settings on the iphone and go to usage and delete everything that it says is present in the music folder and start over. But when i get that far every other app and its usage comes up except that music apps usage.

Does anyone else have or had this problem that might be able to offer me a solution or do we have to wait till apple come out with yet another update to fix this?

Or would it be wise to maybe try and downgrade the firmware back to iOS 7?
    The only thing is that I dont want to lose anything by doing that

2. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

I had a similar problem (only going to Music in Settings wasn't an option for me since it would crash Settings).

I hope there's a better fix for you, but in the end the only thing that worked for me was a factory reset. After that I had to set it up from scratch (not from a backup). Colossal pain but no problems yet.

3. Happyduck8 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah true. I had to restore to factory settings in the end although I was able to restore a backup still losing most of my apps. But got all my music back on it which is one of the main things for me.

4. MrGuder macrumors 68020

Synching issue

Yes, doing a restore either a fresh one or from a previous backup works, you will get back all your music HOWEVER, be warned that as soon as you do that and you go to synch your iPhone to iTunes (using the synch button) it will revert back to removing music and artwork and you will be back to square one.

At this point, there are so many users having this issue and no real fix (restoring backup is only temp fix) the only real fix will be an update from Apple for iTunes.

Since I restored my phone and finally got back all my music and artwork, took hours (I have over 5,000 songs) I will NOT be synching my iPhone to iTunes anymore until Apple releases a fix.

CHECK OUT all these users having the same problem, pages and pages of posts and no real fix, this tells me it will only be fixed when Apple releases an update fixing the synch issues.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6541755?start=0&tstart=0