iOS 8 experience (photos)

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by laszlo182, Nov 13, 2014.

1. laszlo182 macrumors regular

I have created a Photostream of screenshots of iOS 8.1 fails. These are from using just 8.1 on my iPhone 5s. I'm really dissapointed :(
    And these are just things that could be screenshoted.

What's your experience? Do you encounter similar problems?

2. davehutch macrumors 6502a

davehutch

Yes, I see a few UI issues once in a while, but generally speaking iOS8 works really well for me.
    I've noticed a few clickable areas in web pages need pressing twice these days and also the screen freezes once in a while in Safari, so I can't click anything until I've scrolled for instance, but I expect these issue to be ironed out in future iOS updates.
    Make sure you report them to Apple rather than just putting them on this forum though.

3. laszlo182 thread starter macrumors regular

I only wanted to know what others think because I'm on iPhone since 3GS (4s and 5s) and this is worst experience I ever had. If there would be another platform than Android I would probably give it a try. Speaking of Andriod, this experience is really Android-ish from what I have seen.

And yes, I reported that.

4. lovewd macrumors 6502

lovewd

5. Suture macrumors 6502a

Suture

The only issues I have still are also those auto-rotate issues you seem to be having. I thought they had fixed this allegedly in one of the updates -- but I'm still experiencing the bug.

6. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Try orientation.
    Basic Apple apps - mail, settings and others will align to the orientation of the device.
    Basic Apple apps - others like stock, photo, message will only align to 3 of the 4.

Kind of abby-normal :cool:

7. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Some of those I've experience. The thing is, all software has had bugs.

iOS 7 had some nasty graphical bugs too. At least these bugs can be fixed with a simple quit and reopen and doesn't result in random reboots and crashes that are just annoying.

I certainly believe they should spend the year bug fixing and if iOS 9 only has updates for the new iPhones and introduces cleaner designs for apps that are minimal changes (to avoid glitches) yet useful, I would not mind at all.

8. VanillaCracker macrumors 68030

VanillaCracker

I disagree with this philosophy. I think if there are nasty visual (graphical) bugs, that means if they didn't take the time to fix the obvious visuals, then I don't want to know how many less obvious under the hood bugs exist.

9. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Happened yesterday on my iPhone 6.

[​IMG]

And a lot of those pictures you posted, I have experienced a lot, if not all of those at one time or another.

10. afsnyder macrumors 65816

I do agree with that but I was more on the lines of at least it doesn't brick your phone kind of deal. Yes they should fix it and yea its not acceptable these days but at least its not 8.0.1, if you can get that. I'm more of glass is half full kinda guy if you can tell.

----------

Lol that's kinda funny looking. I saw similar issues with multitasking back in iOS 7.1 days.

11. VanillaCracker macrumors 68030

VanillaCracker

Yeah, I mean, there's nothing glass half full about 8.0.1. It shouldn't have happened to begin with, so I don't even consider that a potential "Ok" situation.

12. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

I've always thought about starting a Tumblr of iOS glitches. I used to save screenshots. In iOS 8, however, it happens so often that it's not even unusual anymore. I've seen most of the ones posted here. Although one that I didn't see (I don't think?) was the crystallized pattern that they blur for backgrounds. Your screenshot looked pixelated. I presume they do that for performance? I think that one was from back in iOS 7, so I'm not sure if it's still applicable, but it looked cool!

13. deluxeshredder macrumors 6502a

iOS 8 is like Vista SP2 - nothing to write home about.

14. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Try Blackberry phone.