iOS 8 Extensions

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by rctneil, Aug 12, 2014.

1. rctneil, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014

rctneil macrumors member

rctneil

Hey,

Is there a compiled list of apps that will provide iOS8 extensions?

The ones I know of currently are:

- 1Password (action)
    - Transmit (action)
    - Bing Translate (action)
    - Numerous (widget)
    - Pinterest (share)

Any others?

2. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

I'm sure hundreds of apps will offer a variety of extensions. Since this is a developer tool kit, we have no idea who will and won't at launch. There is no official list because iOS 8 hasn't been released.

3. rctneil thread starter macrumors member

rctneil

1. Yes, I too think hundreds of apps with offer them.
    2. Yes, I know we don't know who will launch and who won't
    3. Yes, I know iOS8 has not been released yet. I am a registered on the developer program and currently running the betas on a number of devices.

I was merely posting this to see if we could compile a list of app extensions that have been spoken about, hinted of, teased, etc. Nothing wrong with that.

When Game Centre was in beta there was a "Games that may support GC" thread so how is this one any different.

I just wanted to make a topic that people could contribute to on the subject topic, not a topic to be instantly shot down in.

4. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Chill out cowboy - no one is shooting it down. It'll be fairly difficult to put together such a list given (as you know given you're registered on the dev program) those with plans to institute extensions are not at liberty to discuss.

So your list will be limited to those shown in the WWDC keynote - basically the 3 you mentioned.

But good luck trying to find others! My guess? Pretty much every major/popular app will have some type of extension from a notification center widget to adding the ability to open Dropbox files within Pages or Mail without leaving Pages or Mail.