Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LordQ

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Love the concept! Just out of curiosity though, why'd you choose WhatsApp icon instead of the Messages.app icon?

I already had the WhatsApp icon (the one I used for my WhatsApp for iOS 7 mockup) and was lazy to cut the messages icon from another image :p

jbenkelman

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009
Loving the apps that I do have now that give the ability to lock with a pass code so I could see that being useful for some of the defaults apps.

I wasn't in board to do the quick reply thing, but with the new banners it literally looks like it belongs there now, and I find myself wanting it to be there! Consider me in on the "Being quick reply to iPhone" bandwagon.

bchery21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
Boston, MA
Gosh, don't get my hopes up with this awesome mock up! It'll probably take another year for them to actually implement this so obviously-needed feature.

I wouldn't say quick reply is a needed feature but no one can deny an overwhelming majority wants it.

Good job on the mock up OP!

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
Because the 5S would be focussed on Hardware changes rather than something small like this. I can't see Apple restricting Quick Reply to 5s upward customers.

I like all 3 points above, and like other people have said, iOS 7 is about making things simpler, you can't get any simpler than "Quick Reply".

Maybe if they don't do passcode on photo's they may use the fingerprint technology to access photo's instead?

Actually the s model always has relied on a new software feature as a point of sales.

The 3Gs got multitasking & the 4s got siri... Im sure the 5s will get something as well.. Although the new feature is generally related to faster hardware..

There are a few clues. Facebook and Twitter quick compose were removed, spotlight was relocated... I think something new is going where spotlight use to be (5s only).. Probably universal quick messaging and/or widgets... Possibly dashboard... ios style... The faster phone will allow this kind of stuff with less battery drain.

As for holding features back.. How do you explain the ipad mini getting siri.. But not the ipad 2?

LordQ

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
I think the most obvious exclusive feature for the 5S will be the rumoured fingerprint sensor, making that the third feature that the 4S won't have. (The 5 got two: video zoom and taking photos while recording video).

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
FL
I think the most obvious exclusive feature for the 5S will be the rumoured fingerprint sensor, making that the third feature that the 4S won't have. (The 5 got two: video zoom and taking photos while recording video).

Video zoom is also on iPod touch 5th gen, However taking photos while recording video is not available to any other product. The 5S will most likely get speed improvements and the Fingerprint Scanner.

RoboWarriorSr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2013

4S also won't have AirDrop and possibly the new 60 fps video recording if that is something Apple will add. Not too sure if the 4S could handle that though.

LordQ

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Here's a new one, a little "Tap to close all" running apps on the multitasking switcher! I think that feature is needed as well.

Attachments

• killallIPHONE.png
    killallIPHONE.png
    877.7 KB · Views: 216

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Since most of the apps shown aren't actually running, you should just change the title to "Clear recents list".

Naor

macrumors regular
May 19, 2013
It's an API for developers to use on Mavericks, so I would say so.

It was pretty bizarre watching the keynote and not seeing this. When they showed quick reply in OS X I thought, "OK, we know one feature in iOS 7." And then, nothing.

Lol, that's exactly how I felt. Huge disappointment. What's wrong with Apple?!

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2013
Nice clear all .. You should report that one to apple with the picture of urs ... I bet they will consider it

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
I don't see them doing passcodes on a per-app basis. Users might create too many and it'd become quite overwhelming to manage all of them. Apple probably believes that the one passcode used to enter the device is enough to protect sensitive app data.

I don't see why it'd be so hard to manage.

Think of it as putting another layer onto accessing an app. Whenever you tap an icon, the phone would do a quick check. Was a passcode set? If yes, retrieve the saved passcode from a passcode database and ask for input. If no, open app.

And have it so that it forces the user out of the app for a while if he gets it wrong many times in a row.

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
These are easily great minor features for iOS 7. In 2013, quick reply for messaging applications and passcodes to access individual applications should NOT be feature points in major point updates. This isn't 2008 anymore, which is why I hope Apple won't think they can and should captivate prospective buyers or hope to lock in existing customers with "Look, you can now reply to a text, iMessage, or instant message without going into the app in iOS 8!" I trust this will work itself into iOS 7. Great work, OP!

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
I hope Apple takes your design into consideration, it looks exactly like how Apple would implement it.

LordQ

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Apple should integrate Touch ID on 7.1 for securing apps, concept here:

Attachments

• Scanner.png
    Scanner.png
    394.5 KB · Views: 135

springsup

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2013
Passcode-protected Apps would work best if they all used the same (lock screen) passcode.

That makes passcode management much easier. Apple could introduce a new "Security" settings menu, with a "Passcode" screen, where you can set a passcode and set what you use it for (lock screen, individual Apps). That way you can also leave your device without a passcode but still protect individual Apps.

TouchID could also go there.

Squid7085

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I really think "Quick Reply" is just around the corner, by around the corner I mean iOS 8 at the LATEST. The fact that Mavericks has it seems to point to Apple working on it, but it just didn't make it into the final build of iOS 7.

coconutxyz

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
zephyr like gesture to stop me from pressing the home button( hate assistive touch lagging me everywhere)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.