Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skillwill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
One of the best things about the iPhone has always been that apple designs hardware and software together.
But I think iOS 8 for iPhone 6/6+ have really suffered for Apple's obsession with secrecy. It just doenst take advantage of the big screen at all. It's just iOS but bigger which I think is quite disappointing and a little lazy.
Looking forward to iOS 9 though I think the big changes will all be to do with really taking advantage of the big screens - it's just a shame our 6/6+'s will have been made obsolete by then.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Aren't there things in various apps that are different on the 6+ at least with the much larger screen?

Dave Felix

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2011
Scranton, Pennsylvania
One of the best things about the iPhone has always been that apple designs hardware and software together.
But I think iOS 8 for iPhone 6/6+ have really suffered for Apple's obsession with secrecy. It just doenst take advantage of the big screen at all. It's just iOS but bigger which I think is quite disappointing and a little lazy.
Looking forward to iOS 9 though I think the big changes will all be to do with really taking advantage of the big screens - it's just a shame our 6/6+'s will have been made obsolete by then.

Are you saying the apps aren't optimized? If so, they will be with time. The YouTube app was recently updated to fix iPhone 6/6 Plus.

These iPhones haven't been out more than a month, give it time to develop.

I'm sure the jailbreak (when it is available) will take full advantage of the big screen.

WJKramer

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2008
iOS 8 for iPhone 6/6 Plus

iOS 8 takes full advantage. Have you turned your phone in landscape when using any of the apple apps like mail, messages, settings etc. ? It's third party apps that need to be updated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.