iOS 8 - frequent freezing and stability issues.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by whyyou, Sep 18, 2014.

1. whyyou macrumors newbie

whyyou

I have a 5S and iOS 8 is causing a lot of stability and freezing issues. I've had to turn off and on my phone multiple times. Anyone else having this problem? I'm wondering if swiftkey is contributing.

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Did you restore as new? If you did not give that a try and restore your backup. If that doesn't help try restore as new and do not restore a backup.

3. whyyou thread starter macrumors newbie

whyyou

I did not restore as new. If it continues, I'll try that. It takes so long to resync 50gb of data.

4. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I've had a lot of freezing. When I went into iMessage settings, it froze for 30 seconds... when I went in to edit an email account, it froze for 30 seconds.

5. iFalcon macrumors regular

I've also had that in Safari and I did restore as new and have not installed any applications.

iMessage did it a couple of times last night.

6. drummingcraig macrumors 6502a

drummingcraig

Buggy on iPhone5

I also upgraded without the clean install and it isn't 100% stable for me either. Certain apps (most of which have been updated for iOS8) will bomb on me for no apparent reason. I also noticed that my safari shortcuts (the ones which go on the home screen) have blank icons now.

7. whyyou thread starter macrumors newbie

whyyou

The worst apps have been Facebook, iMessage, Google Maps, and Apple's Music player.

8. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Yeah there are definitely some times where some parts of the interface just totally stop responding for like 10 seconds, and then comes back to life. But the weird thing is that (for me at least) it's only specific parts that stop working, while the rest of the phone keeps responding, albeit slowly and stuttery.

For example, on the spring board I tapped on a folder to open it, but nothing happened. I tapped on it a bunch of times, and nothing happened. BUT, during this time I was able to swipe between different pages on the springboard perfectly fine. Weird stuff.

For people who need their phone to be immediately ready to instantly work for important usages, I'd recommend not installing iOS 8 yet, wait until the the 8.0.1 bug fix update comes out.

9. whyyou thread starter macrumors newbie

whyyou

Things seem to better after I synched a few more times and uninstalled and reinstalled facebook. Haven't had the problem today.

10. SteelyMac macrumors newbie

Started having problems late last night, having stability issues today, iPhone 6 >.<