Ios 8 frustrations

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by saravanan, Nov 3, 2014.

1. saravanan macrumors newbie

Hello everyone !
    I Purchase Apple IPad Air 32 gb , wifi + 4g Lte in June 2014 .I must candidly confess that I truly witnessed the extreme quality of the product . It was delectably smooth and fast without any lag .It was more than awesome ....
    I Very recently upgraded my iOS to iOS 8 . Fun flew away and regret has darted in . I really regret for having upgraded to iOS 8 . Imagining an Apple device "LAGGING" is actually unimaginable and this is what is happening with my device . It is lagging and has become slow at most of the times .
    Some of of the problems I face are as follows :
    1. Sometimes , when I unlock my device , the screen is never displayed . It remains black (locked) . I will have to press the unlock button several times to unlock it .
    2. The splitting of keyboard in to two for the ease of typing causes lag in the device .
    3. YouTube app has become terribly slow . I have 25 mbps internet speed , but still videos buffer in my YouTube app . This never happened in iOS 7 . I feel that the wifi capacity of my device has turned slow as I experience this while browsing too ...
    4.When I select " define " which appears on Constantly holding a word , it takes at least 10 seconds to define a word . But in iOS 7 , it could define my desired word instantaneously.

THere are a lot more . I am not complaining about IOS 8 or Apple deivce, but I just want to tell that I feel IOS 8 isn't suiting my device . I am not able to explore the full efficiency of my device after upgrading it . I know that Apple has stopped signing IOS 7 . But still , I feel that I cannot do without IOS 7 . I use my ipad a lot for educational purpose and the lag is terribly frustrating. So, I hereby kindly request the concerned authority to please help me downgrade my iPad to iOS 7 .

2. PixelpusherBV macrumors member

Something's wrong. My iPad Air is exhibiting none of the issues you're experiencing.

3. Silver78 macrumors 6502

Silver78

I have some of the same issues and especially lag. Also im doing aprox 10 hard resets a day (time im never getting back)
    Before ios 8 i did a hardreset less than every 6 months.
    Its like every time an app freezes it does not shut down but makes the entire ipad unresponsive having to do a hardreset?
    "No Sim card" issue have something to do with this?

4. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

have you been through all the basic steps?

1. Network reset.

2. It could be a corrupt install. Do a total reset and fresh install.

3. Check the error log and see if something is continually going wrong.

4. Take it back to Apple, but they will ask if you have tried the things above.

Hope this helps.