iOS 8 glitch - no longer receiving notifications

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ashleytimm, Sep 18, 2014.

1. ashleytimm macrumors newbie

Any help with this would be really appreciated -

I recently downloaded the iOS 8 update, and once I did, I stopped receiving notifications on my phone. iMessages, emails...none of these are coming through unless I'm going into the apps and manually checking to see. I tested this a few times, and nothing comes through. I double checked my notifications and all my settings are as they were before.

If anyone has a fix for this glitch, I could really use the help.

Thank you!!

2. lem3u macrumors newbie

I'm having a similar issue. After updating yesterday, all of my notifications stopped. Messages is now working, along with facebook messenger. But I also get notifications from espn, usa today, cnn, and slickdeals. None of those are working since the update.

My settings are also the same...nothing changed. Will be interested to hear if anybody has a reason/solution.

3. mRta03 macrumors newbie

Have you already tried to reset the iPhone settings?

4. NokiaRules macrumors newbie

I am having the same issue, all notifications have stopped. I see no FB, or other app alerts... frustrating.

5. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I'm having the same issue. I thought it was just a quiet night when I woke up with no breaking news alerts of Facebook chats, but then I tested it and in fact notifications are completely broken. Wow.

How is it we go backwards with iOS releases? This OS wasn't engineered from the ground up, it's last years iOS 7 and then built on that. At minimum what isn't broken shouldn't now be broken.

Hopefully someone figures this out. I can't imagine such a major glitch would have snuck by apple through so many betas.

6. lem3u macrumors newbie

Update to my earlier post: I am now getting notifications from my cnn, espn , and slickdeals apps. I have not done anything. They just decided to start working. Maybe it's an issue that is being resolved on the other end.