iPhone iOS 8 Glitches iPhone 6 Plus: Fire Tim Cook!

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by gsxr37, Sep 25, 2014.

1. gsxr37 macrumors newbie

First i want to start off by saying i have an iPhone 6 Plus 64gb so purposes of the discussion and i want to know if this is happening to anyone else. Let alone from the iPhone 6 plus bending and the complete utter failure of the iOS 8 launch i wonder how much longer investors are going to hold apple shares before dumping it and forcing Tim Cook to resign! Here is a list i compiled with some of the glitches i encountered on the iPhone 6 Plus:

iOS 8 glitches-

- When text notifications come and you swipe up to ignore the phone freezes and sometimes enters the text rather than ignore

- copy and paste is horrible it freezes all the time when using it on safari and doesn't work on safari 90% of the time, also it carries the "blue color font and underline" when you copy and paste a URL" ( it literally changes the color of the font from black to blue )

- the "delivered" on the iMessage is always cut off by the keyboard and you have to swipe the message up to see it was delivered

- the phone gets stuck on landscape mode almost 70% of the time and wont rotate no matter what you do even if you close and re-open the screen by pressing the power button (restarting the phone is the only solution) - i have to lock my screen on portrait mode so it stops turning which defeats the purpose since i bought a 6 plus for a reason! another solution is to put on the lock rotation

- when in landscape mode and your texting the keyboard wont type ANYTHING , this happens 60% of the time

- usually when you type the letter "i" it capitalizes by itself but i guess they turned that feature off or its just another glitch and yes this was working with iOS7 when i can auto-correct off so that's not the issue

- cell phone signal is HORRIBLE and i have AT&T which on my 5s was good

2. gsxr37 thread starter macrumors newbie

and of course apple rather than try to fix the problem they go ahead and delete my post from the apple discussion. I find it funny how they claim they don't monitor those discussion boards but as soon as someone lays out the flaws of the company they are the first to delete them. It literally got deleted within 30 minutes of posting it! Attached is a screenshot of the email from an apple Host:

Attached Files:

3. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

oh another one of these "i dont like it, FIRE FIRE SUE SUE" threads, right..?

go to android then bye:rolleyes:

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Return the new phone and get something else. Problem solved.

5. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Probably because you were excessively aggressive and violent in your post, as evidenced by your posting here and your topic title.

Being very aggressive isn't going to fix the bugs any faster.

6. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

I've also noticed when I get an email, it's using the wrong vibration pattern, it seems to use the same one as for an SMS/iMessage

7. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

Sorry you're experiencing problems. All I can say is I haven't experienced a single bug or glitch in iOS 8 so far, and I'm loving my new iPhones. So it's not everyone, or close to everyone experiencing problems.

I don't think any investor will be calling for Tim Cook to leave. On the contrary, everyone should be very proud of these new products from Apple and the sales are truly phenomenal.

8. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Go under your new mail sound settings, see what the vibration pattern is set to.

9. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

i noticed that as well, sometimes it will use the correct vibration, seems to be only when its not locked

vibration are set correctly which is default which i like, already reset all settings, already set as new iphone. its just a bug. ios 7 beta had a vibration bug where notifications when the phone was unlocked, had a very weak vibration, like android's vibration per keystroke kind of weak

10. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

I've checked - it's set correctly, but a few times now I've taken my phone out of my pocket because it's used the SMS pattern only to find it was actually an email.

(Phone was set up as a new phone rather than as an iCloud restore, same as Yun0)

11. gsxr37 thread starter macrumors newbie

if the problems persist and apple doesn't come out with solutions as soon as possible there will most likely be a major restructuring in the company. this was Cook's "flagship" release since the death of Jobs. you have to note that the iPhone sales accounts for nearly 56% of apple revenues, a Failure in this department will for sure spook investors. Just because of an iOS glitch on 8.0.1 and the iPhone bending it dropped shares nearly 4% today.

12. lwood1 macrumors 6502

13. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

14. macUser2007 macrumors 65832

Just experienced something similar in Safari. Select works erratically, most of the time it selects the whole page and it does not allow smaller selection.

15. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

If you're gonna be aggressive, then no one is going to take you seriously. Customer Service people don't have time for those type of people. Seriously.

16. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

There are no problems. The iPhone is selling in record numbers. The bending iPhone thing has now been completely and utterly debunked by Apple. And the iOS 8.0.1 was a very minor thing that will be fixed in a few days.

17. lwood1 macrumors 6502

This should be posted in every single thread haha

18. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I wouldn't say debunked or minor.

iOS 8.0.1 and the bending iPhone 6 are definitely not minor issues, they're real serious issues - However the amount of people affected by it is such an extremely small amount of the overall iPhone 6/iOS 8 user base that it's not really an issue at all on the grand scheme of things.

19. Appleind macrumors regular

Appleind

Return your phone and try samsuck. I am sure you will be back to iOS in record time and repent this post

20. 5684697 Suspended

I'm finding more and more that I am rather glad that people like you are having these "horrible issues". Maybe, just maybe, you will be forced to grow up and learn that life brings minor (not "horrible") obstacles.

In a few days, without your having to do anything more than sit on your butt and move a mouse, all of these "horrible" issues will go away. Until then, you will just have to suffer minor inconvenience along with the rest of us...

21. AddisonIII macrumors regular

All of this is why I didn't buy a new iphone6.. I have a messed up iPad with ios8 but then when I downloaded and installed I knew there might be some problems. My guess was right on.. I'm having problems like so many others. On the flip side I wasn't forced to install and will have to wait like so many others and hope they get it fixed. Surely you and others who bought before others could test and share their opinion must have knew buying and being first might have its down side. I feel for you and hope they get your phone back to tip top condition very soon. I guess being first isn't always the best place in line. Good luck.

22. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

Most of these bugs just seem like glitches that would probably be fixed by a hard reset (google how to do that on an iPhone if you don't know how to). If that doesn't work, exchange the phone for a new one. These are not problems everyone is having and there is a solution. It's not something to fire Tim Cook over.

23. musiciscool macrumors regular

It's funny, it's like no one ever had to reboot their computer before, and a tiny glitch in their phone is the most shocking event since a bruised apple at the super market.... It's under a warranty, so if there is a true defect they will take care of it. My iphone6plus works great. Little glitches once in a while, no biggie. But I did notice that sometimes the screen wouldn't respond to my touch or swipes, but then I realized my other hand was actually touching screen too...

24. rocat1997 macrumors regular

iOS 8 Glitches iPhone 6 Plus: FIRE Tim Cook!

Rebooting guys don't work. Im having to reboot at least once a day to get my phone back to working after it hangs up. Some of yall in this forum need to be the ones going else where. People have gotten to where they smart off at every post. Very disrespectful. The OP has valid points that their are bugs. IOS 8 is a disaster. This is not apple I bought into 4 years ago. I buy their products because their supposed to work. That's what Tim Cook says. Well they don't. Most all the apps I use have been updated. Maybe apple needs to quit rushing their products to market and focus on making them work.

25. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I think what many people are taking umbrage with, is the over the top hostile hyperbole of the OP and those like him.

There are certainly bugs in the OS. I think most people will admit there are, even if they don't readily experience them. The difference is the expectation of perfection and the quick acerbic nature of those who experience OS bugs.