iOS 8 GM Whatsapp and Photos question

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by GadgetGeek407, Sep 11, 2014.

1. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

I am ready to install GM but couple important questions, does whatsapp work?

Also the whole issue of your camera roll deleting? does it still do that and where do those pics go?

In theory with the new setup do the photos in your photo stream and shared photo stream still take up memory on your phone or will I be able to get my family a 16gb new phone since their existing 16gb memory are all being taken up by video and photos?

Also since the photos app on the OS Y doesn't come till next year how can I view my backed up pictures on my macbook air and such?

2. RvXtm macrumors member

RvXtm

I would like to know as well if the latest watsapp works on the gm

3. hasanahmad, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  4. GadgetGeek407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks Hasan can you confirm my other concerns please

5. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

I had expunged my roll before i upgraded into my hard drive. basically I had no photos when I upgraded to GM. All my whatsapp pictures are saving into the Recently Added Album (which I guess is the new My Pictures Folder) in Albums. Also I don't see the Photostream album so I don't know where it is saving that. I also have a16 gb ipHOne 5 but I am upgrading to a 64 GB iPhone 6+ because I was tired of constantly moving my pictures out of my phone due to space constraints.

6. GadgetGeek407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

can someone elaborate on this some more please