iPhone iOS 8 Gujarati Keyboard

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by dev.gandhi, Jul 4, 2014.

1. dev.gandhi, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2014

dev.gandhi macrumors newbie

Hello All,

I've been following MacRumors for a while and I thought I register to post something I dearly wish the new iPhone and iOS 8 should have.

Courtesy of Wikipedia:
    "Gujarati people or Gujaratis are an Indian ethnic group that is traditionally Gujarati-speaking. Famous Gujaratis include Mahatma Gandhi, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, Dhirubhai Ambani, Swami Dayananda Saraswati, Muhammad Ali Jinnah, Virchand Gandhi, Narendra Modi and Vikram Sarabhai."

Total population of Gujaratis in the world: 60million. While majority of the 60 million are in India (obviously), there are nearly a quarter of a million in the US and over half a million of us living in the UK alone. Can we have Apple to install a Gujarati Keyboard along with the other Indian Languages that iOS 7 currently offers (Hindi, Malay and Tamil).

Of course there are third party apps currently available that offer a Gujarati typing facilities, but they are loaded with adverts, stand alone apps that are not user friendly with absolutely no bug support. It would be nice to have Apple put in their official version. I wouldn't mind enlisting myself as part of the team to develop the language for the iOS team, Tim! ;)

iOS 8 I think will offer third party integration so hopefully it will be possible to have better , but i prefer the genuine apple stuff!

What are peoples thoughts? I'm sure there are plenty of Gujaratis around the world who think very similar to me?

Thanks!

2. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Offering only one dialect like Gujarati but not any others will be chutiya panti.

3. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

lol

4. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

This should be translated for the world audience :D

5. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

I feel like I'm missing something here.

6. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Not a good idea :p

7. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

Since apple has opened up the keyboard API, it would be difficult to convince apple to develop for Gujarati. But m sure there will be a lot of people looking to develop now. Also, m sure a lot of gujaratis, including myself, will be happy as well .

8. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

I don't think that is allowed :eek:

9. dev.gandhi thread starter macrumors newbie

Definitely.. Could be a great idea for app making if time allows me to learn how to do it!

10. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Once you said, Gujurati... you could've left ' chuitya panti ' out :D [ jk Gujjus!!! ]

lol... I can only imagine all the ' kem cho ' messages I'd get!! .... On that note, there should be a Punjabi KB too... :p

Some people... isn't 'Hindi', India's *national language that everyone must know to read and write* enough ? :rolleyes: