iOS 8 Home button bug?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by nolegirl01, Sep 18, 2014.

1. nolegirl01 macrumors regular

So a lot of the times if I'm in an app and I press the home button to go back to my main screen, it doesn't take me there. It takes me to where I can see all my apps open (like before when you used to press the home button twice) and my recent people at the top. If I press the home button again it just takes me back to my app. Usually it takes a couple of presses of the home button for me to get back to the main screen with all my apps. Anyone else having that problem? I'm not pressing the home button twice, just once. It's getting very annoying so I wonder if it's just me?

2. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

3. nolegirl01 thread starter macrumors regular

I've been reading other posts and people are having this issue as well, seems like it was a big during beta but they never fixed it. I hope they fix it soon it's really annoying since its a button we use all the time.

4. ios8updates macrumors newbie

ios8updates

5. ErikGrim macrumors 68040

ErikGrim

There is a bug that has persisted through the GM that allows shoddily written apps (HELLO FACEBOOK) to freeze the system including access to the home button.\

What can I say? The software release is hard tied to the hardware release and almost never is ready in time. Wait for 8.0.1 to upgrade.

----------

Bullcrap from one end to another. ONE: There is no official Apple twitter account (apart from iTunes). TWO: We went through this voodoo before.

6. ios8updates macrumors newbie

ios8updates

My mistake. Not official. But they are Apple Genius staff.

7. iceandlime macrumors newbie

This issue has been really bugging me, but the above fix seems to have worked!

8. RealUglyBiker macrumors newbie

Recal worked for me

I had this issue also but now that I have re-calibrated it I have not had anymore issue.

9. hspace macrumors regular

hspace

Just an FYI - I experience the same on my iPhone 5 - BUT, this appears to be fixed in iOS 8.1. (which overall seems a lot more stable on my iPhone 5)