iOS 8 iCloud Constant Login

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by stainlessuk, Jun 3, 2014.

1. stainlessuk macrumors newbie

Hello,

Anyone else's iCloud constantly asking them to login?

Thanks

2. OneZweiThree macrumors regular

yeah, had that, too.
    Reverted back to iOS 7 for now.
    In another thread someone said, he kept logging in and out in different accounts, until the login messages eventually disappeared.

3. iUser17 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issues. I've restarted the phone 10 times. I've logged into iCloud 50 times.

I did a fresh install on an iPhone 5 that I was not using. I did not restore from backup. It did force me to put a SIM card in it to active which was a pain. I imagine a developer might have multiple phones to test with but not have service for all of them.

I took out the SIM. Glad it's not my daily driver.

I guess I'll just have to patiently wait for a new beta. Although, I keep hoping that Apple fixes this issue on the server side without having to update iOS.

4. vodoomd macrumors newbie

Yes. and it's driving me nuts... there are beta bugs and there are alpha-level annoying bugs like these... :mad:

5. xlost6 macrumors 6502

I'm getting them also. I reverted back to 7.1.1 because of it. Well, that's Beta's for you :eek:

6. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

On the other hand, at least you're able to test your apps and make sure they're iOS8-ready. ;)

I downgraded both my rMini and iPhone 5s to 7.1.1 this morning - the little bugs and resprings were annoying enough that I think I'm going to wait for b2 and then try again. I'm missing the smaller fonts and QuickType, though!

7. wws macrumors member

Try turning all iCloud related options off, rebooting, and turning them one by one back on rebooting in between each.

8. Solver macrumors 6502a

I kept getting that. Then I discovered that pressing the keyboard ENTER key seem to cancel the password. After pressing the button next to the CANCEL button it seemed to work.

9. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

But are your pics, contacts and everything else tied to iCloud syncing? I'm guessing no.

10. Highlander32 macrumors newbie

I kept getting that and email, etc were not syncing. I wondered if it had anything to do with using my username@mac.com apple id instead of username@iCloud.com. I had been trying all along to use the mac.com id. So I signed out of iCloud and iTunes/App Store in Settings, then rebooted my phone, and signed back in to both using the iCloud.com suffix. Everything now works (email, etc) and I haven't had another password request.

11. xlost6 macrumors 6502

Thank you for this :apple:

I was using username@me.com instead of the new username@icloud.com.

Now that I switched everything works like a charm!!! :D

12. GeeDuhb macrumors member

I had this issue (and was having problems with my iCloud restore as well) so I just decided to re-restore it. However, I first did the following: I turned Find My iPhone off myself (before being asked to do it when you restore) AND I also turned my passcode off, too. I then restored and didn't turn the passcode back on until after I set it all up (manually, via the settings.) I don't really know if that actually was what fixed it, or it was just a coincidence, but I have not had any prompts this time around.

BTW, I took these steps because I read someone in another thread say that fixed it for them as well.

13. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

I had this issue but it was always asking me for someone else's password! I hit cancel and it was back within a second, very annoying!

I hope this is fixed in beta 2 because apart from that, beta 1 was fantastic, all apps opened and didn't crash at all.

14. haxrnick, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2014

haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

The only time I'm getting prompted is when I go to Settings > iCloud and boom prompted to enter my password. I'm using my gmail that I've always used for my Apple ID which is what I've always used. I'll try what GeeDuhb did and see if that works for me too. Here's to hoping!

GeeDuhb, do your iCloud photos and contacts and everything now sync properly?

Edit: Never mind. Once I logged out of my gmail and used the iCloud email it all is working. Everything syncs as it should and working as normal. Thanks everyone! FINALLY!

15. vodoomd macrumors newbie

SOLVED for me!

I can confirm that using an xxxxx@icloud.com instead of a xxxxx@mac.com username to log in solves the problem :) Thanks a ton Highlander32! this was driving me crazy. Now everything syncs and I'm not constantly nagged to log in.

16. devman, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014

devman macrumors 65816

devman

how did you downgrade? I cannot downgrade my iPad air even using DFU mode.

EDIT: I was using the 7.1 ipsw and needed to use 7.1.1. I am downgrading now.

17. xlost6 macrumors 6502

Really? I mean I ran into a few errors along the way with activation but a simple unplug and plug back into my Mac solved that issue.

What's your issue?

18. devman macrumors 65816

devman

iCloud documents. I have too many apps I rely on for this. And even with the iWork updated apps from developer.apple.com I still lost access to all existing iCloud docs for those apps.

But, it seems I am stuck now.

19. xlost6 macrumors 6502

Yup. It seems like the documents you had doesn't carry over to the new iOS 8 Beta apps. It's like you have to start fresh.

I would try to do it in DFU mode again and let me know your results. I'm hoping you did a back up of iOS 7 before you installed iOS 8!

20. devman macrumors 65816

devman

I did do a full backup just before putting iOS 8 on.

I was able to downgrade using the 7.1.1 ipsw and dfu mode.

21. flatfoot99 Guest

I had issues too. My ipad still uses .me for icloud and iphone uses .icloud. I havnt been able to see if that works yet, but you guys might want to double check your devices.

22. josephd macrumors member

23. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

iOS 8 asked me about 10 times last night when updating apps, but today I have not been asked once during an app update.

24. josephd macrumors member

Could have been a bug. I was ready to disable iCloud last night. Today, I as well have not been asked...yet.