iOS 8 iCloud issue

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by jjk454ss, Aug 14, 2014.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I edited a spreadsheet on my iPad after updating to iOS 8, restored my iPad to iOS 7 knowing I couldn't access iCloud Docs anymore. But this spreadsheet is not updated on my Macbook with Yosemite, and it appears its not updated on iCloud.com either by the date, but it won't open anyway.

I assume restoring my iPad to iOS 8 wouldn't change what I can access would it? I would reinstall iOS 8 beta if I could get this spreadsheet back.

2. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

yeah when you upgrade to iCloud drive you lose your documents on iOS 7 and mavericks. you have to either reinstall iOS 8 beta to get the spreadsheet back and then maybe email it to a a iOS 7 / os x mavericks computer to open it

in order to get iOS 7 to load documents again you have to save everything off of iCloud drive and reset iCloud

i clicked on upgrade to iCloud drive and regret it

3. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

The problem is the documents not showing up for me on my MacBook with Yosemite. Should it show up there? It's there, just an older version of the document.

4. Sartre macrumors newbie

How do you reset iCloud?

5. Planey28 macrumors 6502

You can't. Once the account is upgraded to drive its upgraded permanently.

6. jmantn macrumors 6502

U may have reverted prior to the document uploading.

7. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I think that's what happened, not sure why though, it was a couple days later. I've had calendar events not syncing too.

8. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Just reported back that I reinstalled ios 8 on my ipad, when I opened Numbers it had both the latest version of the spreadsheet I continued with on my MacBook, and it had the last version from my ipad before I removed ios 8. I was able to keep both. Then just copy and paste the missing info from each into one. Strange that it still had the ios 8 version saved in iCloud but my MacBook running Yosemite didn't see it and iCloud.com didn't see it.

9. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Do you have the public beta of Yosemite or the Developer one?

10. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Public beta, do you think that's why?

11. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I did read somewhere that iOS 8 Beta 5 and the yosemite public beta were not working well together. Handoff etc. I haven't tested it myself yet but I can try.

Also are you using the beta versions of Numbers, etc on your iOS device?

12. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I made a new document using my iPhone and the beta version of Pages and it showed up on my Yosemite public beta machine in iCloud Drive.

If you are using the app store versions of the iWork apps, they cannot access iCloud Drive. You must have the beta versions from the Apple developer site.

13. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Your taking the iOS App Store? Or the Mac App Store? I assume the Mac App Store, but if I'm using the beta how do I get that version without bring a dev?

14. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

i have no idea how to reset iCloud i just remember reading it in a support document about upgrading to iCloud keychain and wanting to go back to go back to regular iCloud

15. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I meant the iOS app store. Your iOS device needs to be running the beta version of numbers. I cannot help you on obtaining those without being a developer as that is against the rules. As well as asking for them.

16. jjk454ss, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014

jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

You don't need to be a developer to use the beta of Yosemite:confused:.

I didn't think about this issue, I updated to the final release of iOS 8 and I am missing the last month of updates to my spreadsheets again. And i can't seem to install the beta anymore, any ideas on how to get this info back? I checked iCloud.com Numbers and iCloud Drive, my Macbook, iPad, iPhone. They are all in sync, but with old versions of 2 spreadsheets in particular I really would like to retreive.