Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
I wanted to see if anybody has been having this problem but ever since I clean installed to iOS 8 i haven't been able to talk over bluetooth in my car, streaming works, changing the songs and going through playlists work, I can answer the call but it will not go through the speakers, i just answer and it stops working with the car, on the phone it says its transmitting the call over bluetooth but it really isn't, its still just transmitting the call through the earpiece...has anybody else had this issue and if they did and found out a solution that would be greatly appreciated

Stotty8

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2014
I have the exact same issue .

I have an audi with rns e .

Using tune 2 air for music playback works fine though.

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
I have the exact same issue .

I have an audi with rns e .

Using tune 2 air for music playback works fine though.

Oh Ok! I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem, the music streaming is working perfectly fine, just can't talk on the phone in the car, I absolutely hate not having hands free in the car

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
I wanted to see if anybody has been having this problem but ever since I clean installed to iOS 8 i haven't been able to talk over bluetooth in my car, streaming works, changing the songs and going through playlists work, I can answer the call but it will not go through the speakers, i just answer and it stops working with the car, on the phone it says its transmitting the call over bluetooth but it really isn't, its still just transmitting the call through the earpiece...has anybody else had this issue and if they did and found out a solution that would be greatly appreciated

No issues at all in my car.

nheilweil

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Redmond, WA
...i haven't been able to talk over bluetooth in my car, streaming works, changing the songs and going through playlists work, I can answer the call but it will not go through the speakers, i just answer and it stops working with the car, on the phone it says its transmitting the call over bluetooth but it really isn't...

Yeah same here -- this broke between Beta 5 & the GM. Darn frustrating since I need to be on the phone in the car all the time. I've tried remove and redoing the connection between my phone and my car (2013 Honda Civic) but that hasn't fixed anything.

Stotty8

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2014
No issues at all in my car.

What car have you got and is it a factory Bluetooth?

Also I've noticed that I can't use apps such as traktor, spotify any more due to the fact that the normal music carries on playing .

jkozlow3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
No issues with iOS8 on my 5S on a 2013 Toyota RAV4. Phone calls, music streaming, personal hotspot (to use the built-in Entune apps) all work fine over Bluetooth - just like iOS7.

Bummer that other cars are having trouble - hopefully Apple will sort it out quickly!

jeffjak25

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2006
Having the same issue. I am able to use spotify to and the music app to play music via bluetooth, but calls will not work over bluetooth. Is that what you all are seeing?

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
I have EXACTLY this issue with my 5S and my 2013 Vauxall Astra. It used to work great with iOS7 though. Now have the same issues the OP does. Also tried restoring the settings to factory settings which did fix it for a day...but now it's not working again :(

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
What car have you got and is it a factory Bluetooth?

Also I've noticed that I can't use apps such as traktor, spotify any more due to the fact that the normal music carries on playing .

Toyota Prius C

Also works on my Chevy Cruz and I tested it on an aftermarket pioneer radio.

DF1234

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
I have EXACTLY this issue with my 5S and my 2013 Vauxall Astra. It used to work great with iOS7 though. Now have the same issues the OP does. Also tried restoring the settings to factory settings which did fix it for a day...but now it's not working again :(

Got this from another thread. Delete from car, then delete from phone, then pair again. Worked for me.

bansh

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2014
Frankfurt
I have the same issue with my Audi. Deleting & re-pairing did not help, restarting the phone does... but only till the next time :/

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
Got this from another thread. Delete from car, then delete from phone, then pair again. Worked for me.

Thanks but that's what I did and it worked until the next day when the issue appeared again :(

nheilweil

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Redmond, WA
Yeah same here -- this broke between Beta 5 & the GM. Darn frustrating since I need to be on the phone in the car all the time. I've tried remove and redoing the connection between my phone and my car (2013 Honda Civic) but that hasn't fixed anything.

Update: voice calls sometimes work over BT in car and sometimes don't. Haven't figured it out quite yet. When I call out it seems to work, so maybe it's when I recieve a call. Will keep investigating.

phil-ga

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2012

I've got an iPhone 5 and just updated to iOS 8.

2012 Accord had an issue where I can initiate a call via Bluetooth steering wheel button but cannot close the call in the same way (Bluetooth essentially drops the call from the car but the call continues on the handset).

Went through the process of deleting phone profile on Accord and set it back up again, but to no avail.

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
I've got an iPhone 5 and just updated to iOS 8.

2012 Accord had an issue where I can initiate a call via Bluetooth steering wheel button but cannot close the call in the same way (Bluetooth essentially drops the call from the car but the call continues on the handset).

Went through the process of deleting phone profile on Accord and set it back up again, but to no avail.

i had the GM software that came out last week on my phone, so today, i downloaded a copy of the software from apple and restored my 5S and literally fixed all of my issues, phone works as it did through all the betas and like it did on ios 7

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Iphone 6 Plus and ios 8 and I am having all sorts of issues with my BMW and the comms box.
Music keeps stuttering and can't access text messages through I-drive.
Phone calls are working via blue tooth.
I went in to a Bmw showroom and plugged my phone in to a brand new 6-series and although the music selection was fine, Office capabilities were non-existent.
Bmw will have to fix this quickly because with the number of iphone 6's being sold, new customers will expect the phones to work with a new car

pjkl

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2008
I was able to solve this Bluetooth problem on my Audi by resetting all settings (general - reset - reset all settings) on my phone.
Reset network settings did not help.
Problem seems to be caused by iOS 7 backups, which a used to restore iPhones after the iOS 8 installation.
Good luck!

hgo

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2009
2013 Passat/Bluetooth

Had the same issue. My iPhone 5S on iOS 8 wouldn't connect to the cellular network to make/receive calls - resetting network settings seemed to help. My iPhone 6 wouldn't connect either, and resetting network settings didn't help at all.

I remembered something about iCloud and bluetooth from this review:
http://recode.net/2014/09/16/iphone-6-review/
but I honestly cannot figure out what the correlation is between the two.

I got my iPhone 6 to work by deleting it from the car, deleting the car from the phone, turning off iCloud, and re-pairing the phone with the car - then turning iCloud on again.

I'd love to know what the correlation is between iCloud and bluetooth.

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
i had the GM software that came out last week on my phone, so today, i downloaded a copy of the software from apple and restored my 5S and literally fixed all of my issues, phone works as it did through all the betas and like it did on ios 7

I did exactly this too! And still have the issues :(

----------

Had the same issue. My iPhone 5S on iOS 8 wouldn't connect to the cellular network to make/receive calls - resetting network settings seemed to help. My iPhone 6 wouldn't connect either, and resetting network settings didn't help at all.

I remembered something about iCloud and bluetooth from this review:
http://recode.net/2014/09/16/iphone-6-review/
but I honestly cannot figure out what the correlation is between the two.

I got my iPhone 6 to work by deleting it from the car, deleting the car from the phone, turning off iCloud, and re-pairing the phone with the car - then turning iCloud on again.

I'd love to know what the correlation is between iCloud and bluetooth.

Only have my iPhone and iPad listed in iCloud so no need for me to remove excess devices from iCloud as the review suggested. I will try what you said you did to resolve it though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.