iOS 8 is not worth the headache right now

atlchamp

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
If you aren't a developer its not even worth putting on your device, too many issues that are annoying. Stick with 7.1.1 for right now!!

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
Hey, can you install iOS 8 without being a developer?
yes you can just as you could with iOS 4,5,6,7 same bug same story... could not tip you on that you'll have to look it up on YouTube.

and I wholeheartedly agree it is not worth it right now, apps don't use the new API's you can't use them with the new features like QR or the widgets. I might do it once beta 3 or 4 gets out, plus I heard whatsapp is a living hell right now

theapplefanboyj

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2014
Combine his username with the signup date and you'll find out.

Hey, just because I only found out about MacRumors a few weeks ago doesn't mean I'm not a fanboy. I've had betas on iOS 7 on my devices but now I'm not sure if it worked for iOS 8

----------

If you're not a developer, don't bother. Besides why do you want a beta OS for? Just to be the 1st of your friends to have it?

Pretty much :/

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2014
Earth
I too would not recommend anyone that is not a developer to install iOS 8b1 because it has issues and most people are not educated enough to make proper backups and return back to those backups properly without loosing all their data.

theapplefanboyj

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2014
I too would not recommend anyone that is not a developer to install iOS 8b1 because it has issues and most people are not educated enough to make proper backups and return back to those backups properly without loosing all their data.

I'm not one of these people :/

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2014
Earth
I'm not one of these people :/
Since your educated enough then you should know that installing beta iOS without having your UDID officially registered with Apple via Developer account that you can/will most likely run into some issues....there's a thread on the forum posted by someone mentioning not to try and install iOS 8 without developer account/registration of UDID.

Another person also mentioned that it will mess up your iCloud sync'd iWorks files and who knows what other things...because as we all know future/beta iOS updates/settings are never backwards compatible with older iOS...so updating some aspects of your data and then trying to go back may be an issue....

theapplefanboyj

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2014
Since your educated enough then you should know that installing beta iOS without having your UDID officially registered with Apple via Developer account that you can/will most likely run into some issues....there's a thread on the forum posted by someone mentioning not to try and install iOS 8 without developer account/registration of UDID.

Yes I know and I've read it. But, I've run the iOS 7 betas no risk whatsoever and I only had an UDID with iOS 6.

abraxian

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2013
Do not install if you need your phone daily. On restart, you will require reauth, and you will fail, and you'll be bricked until you can DFU and reinstall iOS7.

Don't even bother.

abraxian

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2013
Yeah. You don't, but you're breaking the T's and C's and if you cannot let your phone turn off from now till Autumn.

Up for the challenge?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.