iOS 8 issues

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ic00668, Sep 18, 2014.

1. ic00668 macrumors newbie

I have the iphone 5s and the iPad Mini with Retina Display both were updated with ios version prior to ios 8.

I did the v8 update on iphone and it wiped out my KB shortcuts, the list of 50 or so is bare. AND the carrier msg came up and asked me about updating it so I stupidly said yes, and it threw my ipad for a loop and it now has a no SIM msg, restating does nothing to help either condition. the ipad still has my kb shortcuts, so i did screen prints to save them, but afraid to update ipad until i know what other bad stuff happens, i did do backup of both devices, so i can undo the update if it comes to that.

2. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Sucks.

My iPad Air updated without a hitch. So did my old iPhone 4S.

But my current iPhone 5? Disaster. The instal hung and then crashed the phone about 40 seconds in. It re-booted in recovery mode and had to get a full restore. Then iTunes wouldn't restore the apps. It kept hanging after installing one or two. So I had to go to the iTunes store on the phone itself and download every one of my 263 apps individually directly to it. All told I spent about four hours rebuilding my iPhone 5... which I'm replacing with a 6 Plus tomorrow.

3. ic00668 thread starter macrumors newbie

sounds like a hard road ahead for Apple and users

sounds like a hard road ahead for Apple and users

4. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Naah. I think my phone was just being a jerk.

5. ic00668 thread starter macrumors newbie

lucky me

on my ipad mini retina display, i was able to get SIM card msg corrected by manually reseating Sim card, and restarting ipad, plus bonus! the keyboard shortcuts are still on my ipad, but not sure how to re-sync them to iphone 5s which lost all shortcuts on the list, yes the list remains...but it is bare. tried adding a couple and no luck..

ideas?