iOS 8 iTunes Match didn't improve too much.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Mascots, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

A short message to Apple:

Please, please for the love of god - I will forgive the Music app in general - but please fix the iTunes Match service. It's terrible. I love it; but it's terrible.

All I want to do is download all tracks from my iTunes library onto my nice large phone. But it fails me. iTunes Store queue seemingly starts failing randomly, prompting me to retry downloads, continues downloading on cellular (even whilst marked explicitly not to! Just destroyed my data for the month, bro) with no way to cancel a queue of thousands of items. There's no real way to just transfer music from your local iCloud master without trickery that works sometimes - forcing you to rely on the Internet connection for gbs of music.

All I even ask is for the enable/disable toggle to actually be responsive in the app.

Please, I have my fingers crossed - just give it a little look over before 8.0.1. I'll stand a clap, maybe even bow for you guys.

Thanks,
    iTunes Match people.

2. John marts macrumors member

Yea this is why apple bought Beats. Get ready for streaming in the future. I agree, iTunes match is a disaster. I remember when I had it I was constantly turning it on and off and updating my library because the service wouldn't work properly half the time. I eventually ditched it for Spotify. It has its own problems but it streams music very reliably.

3. Paco II macrumors 65816

Well, I can share one thing that's improved: when adding music to itunes match on my computer, songs are showing up much faster on my phone than with ios 6 or 7.