iOS 8, Keynote, and iPad Air2

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by oakrrl, Oct 27, 2014.

1. oakrrl macrumors member

Air2 seems to have good enough graphics to deal with all Keynote transitions. Does anyone know if going from Keynote on iMac Yosemite to Keynote iOS8 iPad Air2 still requires removing more complex transitions and builds?

I"m limping along doing presentations on a 2008 Macbook Pro which is showing its age. I'd upgrade to a retina Macbook Air but looks like it's months away (and 13" Macbook Pro is too heavy).

So I'm thinking iPad Air 3 MIGHT be adequate for presentations (creating them on iMac). But having to re-dow presentations for the iPad would be a deal-breaker.

Any help much appreciated!

2. ps3zocker macrumors regular

As far as I know the new iWork on iOS and OS X use the same transitions and animations. They're 100% compatible with each other and so you can create presentations on one device and use them exactly the same on the other one.

3. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

I've been working on an Air 1, iMac, and rMBP with Keynote for a couple of months, on iOS 8-8.1 and both Mavericks and Yosemite. So far I've not run into any glitches except that animations often appear on the iPad a second or two after they've appeared on the monitor. (I use the Air to control the rMBP, which is attached to a 1440 monitor.) I ran Keynote off the Air a couple of times, attached to an older monitor, and everything went fine. I've enjoyed using it and have been impressed (not that I'm an experienced or expert presenter).

4. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I used Keynote on both iPad Air and 2012 15" rmbp. It has no issues whatsoever like others said. It was fun to work on iPad while I'm away from my rmbp. :apple:

5. oakrrl thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info

Thanks to Badrottel, AllergyDoc and ps3zocker - this is very helpful Looks like I'm off to buy an Air2!