iOS 8 Location Services (GPS) in Control Center?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Dreamliner330, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Dreamliner330 macrumors 6502a

Did Apple add the toggle for Location Services (GPS) into the Control Center?

It is incredibly ridiculous that it takes 4 taps to do this in iOS 7 and it should be 1 swipe and 1 tap. Whats worse, is Siri can't do it either. Fail.

With a the iOS7 Jailbreak, I can put it in the Control Center and it works great.

iOS 8 fix this?

2. bushido Suspended

bushido

nope ... another crippled feature by Apple :-/

3. Dreamliner330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

For the life of me I can't understand it not having that toggle. Hopefully iOS 8 JB will been out quick. :eek:

The longer I look at phones, the more I think of that LG G3. Perhaps I should have ignored all new phone releases and stayed on iOS 6.1.2 JB on my iP5. :(

4. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

No, GPS toggle is not in Control Center.

Supposedly there was the ability to configure Control Center being built into iOS 8, but that exact feature has not come to pass either.

5. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

I can't think why the average user would toggle it that much. I certainly never do.

6. bushido Suspended

bushido

why not go back to 7.1.2 and jb?

7. Altis macrumors 68020

So that you can turn it on when you need it, and off when you don't. Same as wifi, Bluetooth, airplane mode...

While people criticize Android for having customization (as if that's such a bad thing), I'd like to be able to select what toggles and shortcuts are in CC. For example, the Timer app is very rarely used... Let me change it to alarms (or just the clock app in the last used tab) since I use that twice a day.

Maybe some day..