iOS 8 Memory Drain?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by matthew2926, Jun 10, 2014.

1. matthew2926 macrumors 6502

Is anyone else experiencing a memory drain after installing iOS 8 beta 1? Upon installation immediately after WWDC, I had around 6.2GB free space on my 16gb iPhone 5. Now, just over a week later, I am down to 5.1GB free space. I haven't installed any new apps and my text messages and emails have all been deleted...WTF?!? Anyone else getting this???

2. Puonti macrumors 6502a

Sounds like a bug - have you raised a ticket in the bug reporting tool and double-checked that the app you're developing is not the cause? Also, make sure your Photos app is not the culprit (downloading Photo Stream content).

3. shawndre macrumors member

Probably uploaded your photos into the iCloud photo library.

4. matthew2926 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not developing any apps and all of the photo settings in iCloud are turned off

5. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Memory drain, lol

Go to settings,general, usage, manage storage. Should tell you where it's gone

6. matthew2926 thread starter macrumors 6502

The thing is, it's strange because I am not downloading any new files or installing any new apps. Also, I delete my texts. It seems to be draining at a rate for 100mb a day for no apparent reason!

7. Menel Suspended

Menel

Could be diagnostic logs. A lot of processes probably running in verbose logging mode in the background for Apple to catch info on. It is under development...

You oughta last till the next update, whatever app you're working on couldn't be thaaaaat large. Next tuesday or so should be another beta, wipe and start fresh again.

8. Reillyuk macrumors newbie

Also have had problems, have a iPhone 5 16gb since the iOS 8 update I've had a memorey leak last few days, had this phone 18 months never had a problem till the update, trying hardest to find a solution but no one seems to know how to fix this!!!! Very very annoying, guess Apple don't care as its a iPhone 5 not the newest models

9. Wbutchart macrumors regular

Yup I have been experiencing this on both my ipad and iPhone. Have had to erase phone and restore once so far - freed up 4.7gb but that's down to under 2gb now just two weeks later with little downloaded. Seems to be an endless cycle, erase > restore > leaks memory > repeat process!