iPhone iOS 8 messages bug?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by alxmh, Sep 17, 2014.

1. alxmh macrumors newbie

Hi. I just updated my iPhone 4S to iOS8. After 2 minutes, i keep getting a message from my service provider (Orange) that I can't send a message because I don't have enough credit on my phone (which is true). The problem is that i didn't sent any messages to anyone. Does anybody knows if after the update, iOS will automaticaly send a message somewhere? This is weird, I still getting the same message that it can't send it. Since I updated the OS, i got about 30 messages from Orange that it can't send the message.

2. Manatlt macrumors 6502a

Probably iMessage/FaceTime verification texts. Check to see your number works on iMessage & FaceTime.

3. alxmh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply. I didnt checked FaceTime, but iMessage and normal messages work just fine

4. Manatlt macrumors 6502a

Yes but double check. Just because you can send iMessages fine doesn't mean anything...you could be using your @icloud.com email to send iMessages instead and you wouldn't know until you check

5. alxmh thread starter macrumors newbie

I checked the iMessage settings and I had my phone number, my personal email and iCloud email. I removed the iCloud email, sent another iMessage and it works. And I still getting that annoying message from Orange that it cannot send "I don't know which" message

6. lls4f macrumors regular

Try resetting your network settings (Settings App --> General --> Reset --> Reset Network Settings). Fixed my imessages issues

7. alxmh thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have any problems with iMessages. The problem is that my service provider send me some messages telling me that it can't send a normal message. The thing is that i didn't send any normal messages to anyone, just in my network (Orange), messages which are sent and are free. Right after the update, i got those messages from orange that i don't have enought credit on my sim card to send a message. But, like I said, the only normal messages that i sent was in Orange network, which are free (and the messages were received)

8. CyBeRino macrumors 6502a

It might be the facetime verification sms that it uses to verify your phone number. But, the number that sends sms'es to should have an exception from your carrier to make it free of charge.

That (along with iMessage verification sms) is the only sms iOS will send without you being at the helm.

9. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Settings > Messages.

Make sure "Send as SMS" is toggled off.

10. alxmh thread starter macrumors newbie

That solved it. Thanks a lot. I disabled FaceTime for now and it worked