iOS 8 multiple folders for photos from camera roll

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by golfnut1982, Nov 19, 2014.

1. golfnut1982 macrumors regular

golfnut1982

Can someone verify if there are now multiple folders in the DCIM Folder for all your pictures on the camera. I noticed this recently and was very surprised because it makes it almost impossible to find your latest photos unless you do a search by date.

Now can someone shed light on this logic?

Thanks!

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Open the Photos app, go to the Photos Tab (all the way to left), newest photos are grouped together by chronological age going backwards in time.

3. golfnut1982 thread starter macrumors regular

golfnut1982

Thanks. That I understand, its just when you're phone is connected to a computer, the files are not readily seen in the DCIM main folder because of all the subfolders. It seems we would have to "find" them manually and then copy them to the computer. Lots of work when compared to ios 7.

4. RCRod83 macrumors regular

RCRod83

I've had multiple folders even before iOS 8. Very frustrating when trying to find a picture.

5. willdude macrumors member

I just noticed this problem too on my Windows PC. Used to be there were only 2 or 3 subfolders in DCIM, but now there are dozens, making it pretty much impossible to find some particular photos. I feel like it might've happened with the iOS 8.1.1 update. Any idea why? Or does someone know of a good iPhoto-like program for Windows for importing photos?

6. designerron macrumors newbie

I had the same problem. I reverted from ios 8.1.1 back to 8.1 and that fixed it. Now when I open the DCIM folder, I see all my pictures.

7. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

In your Sig, it says you have a Mac.

iPhoto finds and imports photos automatically.

Don't think i've ever needed to look at the DCIM folder.

Or of course, you could use photostream, and all that stuff takes care of itself.

8. golfnut1982 thread starter macrumors regular

golfnut1982

Thanks. Yes the mac does it, but I was at work with a PC.