iOS 8 - Multitasking / Split Screen

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by AFPoster, Sep 20, 2014.

1. AFPoster macrumors 65816

Is it just me, or did anyone else think the iPhone 6's would get a multitask feature? I thought they showed a demo of it, but I don't see how to do it. Any ideas?

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

Its a two pane feature on the plus. You can open mail for example and hold your phone in landscape.

3. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

iPhone 6 plus only due to the larger screen and resolution.

4. Robstevo macrumors 6502

To be honest the screen size of the 6 plus is still too small imo for split screen multitasking. I had a note 3 with the ability ( on a select amount of apps ) and it's kind of a weird situation ". On paper it sounds great but the apps themselves will then be super small. I would rather have developers concentrate on making use of the full screen real estate like cnn have and what apple have on selected apps. On the iPad though it makes perfect sense

5. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

I've got the iPhone 6 Plus. Mail was in landscape based on the above comment, but I don't see how to add anything else.

6. madsci954 macrumors 68030

When in landscape, some apps have expanded features. There is no way to have 2 apps running side by side.

7. laszlo182 macrumors regular

some widgets can help you multitask (kind of) for example calendar, weather or calculator widget, hope more are coming soon