iOS 8 Music app feedback

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by BillyMatt87, Jun 5, 2014.

1. BillyMatt87 macrumors 6502a

It appears that Apple has not heard our complaints about the default music app that was broken. It's inexcusable that they have had over a year to work on iOS 8 and have done absolutely nothing to fix one of the core experiences of the iPhone that was broken in iOS 7.

It really baffles me how little iOS 8 was refined UI-wise given the longer and non-rushed development this time around but the horrible current music app is really putting me off from ever getting another iPhone.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Anybody who is reading and participating in this thread, please submit feedback to Apple using the link above, I've been spamming the hell of the page but giving constructive feedback and suggestions and I advise anybody that cares, to do the same.

The onslaught of feedback to Apple regarding the removal of the full screen caller pictures seems to have worked as iOS 8 brought that feature back so we can do the same with the music app.

If nobody does or says anything, then Apple will definitely not resolve the issue so once again, make sure to leave feedback on the link above.

2. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

What's broken? My only gripes so far are that there's no quick way to add a song to a playlist, and that up next is still Mac only.

3. BillyMatt87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The artist browsing view is my main gripe. I don't wanna have to scroll through an entire artist collections just to find the song/album I want. I think the artist view should be the way it was in iOS 1-6 where you can select a particular album (going to a separate page) under an artist's collection instead of it all being laid out on a single page where it takes forever to scroll down.

I stopped using my iPhone as my primary music device partially because of that loss in functionality. At least my iPod classic still retains it and therefore I will continue using that as my music player until Apple fixes the music app in iOS.

4. lotzosushi macrumors 6502

lotzosushi

It would also be nice to have more advanced controls for sound equalization rather than basic pre-set EQ options in the Music settings like 'bass booster' and 'classical'. All of those suck and change the sound too dramatically...and not in a good way either.

If you're jailbroken, Saurik's tweak Cyueue implements quick song queuing/up-next very well. :)

5. bunchofpenguins macrumors member

The only thing about the Music app that was disappointingly missing in iOS7 is the fact that audiobook chapters went away (making the book one long audio file).

6. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

Haven't used the Apple music app in two years. To many other options out there.

7. Shuri macrumors 6502

Use spotitfy or something equal, it's 2014 :p

I stopped using the music app a while ago and wouldn't come back to managing a big music library on my phone.

8. mcfly88 macrumors 6502

The only thing I wish they would add is the option to collapse song lists in artist view (however, I have gotten used to it). Also, there is still some hope that they could tweak a few things. iOS 8 is only in beta 1, iOS 7 saw various changes in its beta period.

9. iMacBooked macrumors 6502a

iMacBooked

iOS 8 Music app feedback

OP is right about the music app though. Couldn't imagine using it on a non-jailbroken device at all. I believe it is the app I even have the most tweaks installed for, so makes sense.

10. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

Its only beta 1. Save your complaining if its still not fixed by fall.

11. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

People were saying that in iOS 7 Beta 1. [​IMG]

12. TitsLegendary macrumors 6502

I agree that I hate how the artist library is shown now. I want to be able to choose which album to show.
    Also, wish there was a way to disable cover flow without having to lock the screen orientation. Cover flow is completely useless. It looks cool but that's about it.

Are there other apps you can use to listen to music in your library or are you guys just talking about streaming music apps?

13. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

I like Picky and Groove. Both are good imo. Picky is a bit more simple and Groove has more features. Sometimes I just like simple..

14. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Complaining is how you get stuff fixed ;)

----------

A bit off topic but has anyone actually got this working yet? I know it was in a promo pic but it's not in beta 1 for me.

15. Nozuka macrumors 68000

there's no need to do that.. since everything is in the icloud anyway and always available.

16. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I think you're "doing it wrong". Let me describe how I have my setup.

Artist: Metallica
    Albums: 4

Instead of doing what you are doing of scrolling and scrolling to find something I create a SmartPlaylist with the following filter:

Artist = Metallica
    Rating = greater than 3 stars (4 to 5 star songs basically)

I went through every Metallica song I have and rated the songs in the following way:

1 star = completely hate it
    2 stars = do not like it
    3 stars = eh, the mood has to be right to listen to this
    4 stars = I like this song a lot
    5 stars = repeat all day and I wont be sick of it.

I listen to Metallica by using this playlist mainly but if I'm in the mood to listen to one of their songs that did not make the list I can.

P.S. - Smartplaylists are dynamic. That is if you rate a new song that qualifies it gets added automatically and removes songs that do not fit the playlist criteria as well.

You may want to give this a go.