iOS 8 now on 68% of iOS devices...WOW

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Bobby dazzler, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobby dazzler macrumors member

Is there really any new way that Tim Cook can twist this figure into some kind of success story?
    It used to be 68% in days - not months and months.

...all I hope is they repair the damage they've done to iBooks with iOS9 when it comes out.
    It's almost impossible to use in landscape these days and highlighting has become the dullest, most boring highlighter you will ever, ever use - Yuk!

Not to mention the bookmark - why not make it even smaller next time?

iPad was great for a reason: hardware AND software that were FANTASTIC! - I bought four of the things!

The software now is horrible. No wonder FEWER people are updating...

2. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

With the news of Apple now having store employees test prerelease iOS software, I think Apple is finally listening to consumers and this 68% adoption rate, realizing it needs much more software polish. Hopefully this will translate into iOS 8.2, 8.3, and 9 being very polished, close to bug free, while improving performance.

And since Apple is increasingly pushing corporate sales, I hope it is now realizing that its software needs less bugs and more polish.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

It could also be that people still have the iPhone 4 which can't upgrade to it...

4. sunking101 macrumors 604

sunking101

iOS7 was garbage for the best part of a year, killed the iPhone 4 and raped many iPhone 5 batteries. Who in their right mind would upgrade to iOS8?? I had to because it came with my 6+ but no way will iOS9 be getting installed on this.

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.