iOS 8 on iPhone 4S and iPod Touch 5g

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by DavidBlack, Jun 10, 2014.

?

How does iOS 8 Perform on your A5 Devices

1. "iPhone 4" Slow

12.5%
  2. Slow, animation lag here and there.

37.5%
  3. Normal (Same as iOS 7)

50.0%
  4. Faster than iOS 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DavidBlack macrumors 6502a

DavidBlack

I just wanted to share with you guys the performance that I am getting with these older devices. With iOS 8 Beta 1 I noticed that the available RAM is slightly lower when compared to iOS 7.1.1. Also, I did observe that animations did lag a bit, but nothing like the iPhone 4 :D. I will update this thread as new betas come out.

2. humar macrumors 6502

humar

On my 4S iOs 8 is a little bit slower than 7.1.1. Of course it's a beta so I'm not complaining. They will fix this.

3. dalbng macrumors newbie

Performance "Same as iOS 7" on iPhone 4S with iOS 8b1??? Man, some people are delusional.

After performing a *clean* install of iOS 8b1 on iPhone 4S, I can safely say that performance is at least 20%-30% slower than 7.1.1, and that includes animations and app loading times. Moreover, some apps crash on a constant basis (WhatsApp and Facebook, to name a few).

Of course, all of that is to be expected, but saying iOS 8b1 on 4S performs the same as iOS 7.1.1, that's... well, that's just false.

4. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

I have both, but I can't really judge until a few more beats are released, but it doesn't seem to have slowed down performance that much. It is slower, but that's to be expected with a b1. iPad 2 seems to be doing good as well, with typical b1 bugs.