Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twolstudio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Hello Everyone:

Just updated to iOS 8 last night and today my iPhone 5S has been constantly overheating, specially when charging and chewing up battery life like crazy. Is this happening to others? Is there a solution?

Let me know. Thank you

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
Did the same to my wife's iPhone five. Overheated like crazy it was charging and updating the software. I haven't noticed it at all on my iPhone five

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
I have the same issue.

My iphone 5S after ios 8 is too hot always.

Apple will fix this soon I hope

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Hello Everyone:

Just updated to iOS 8 last night and today my iPhone 5S has been constantly overheating, specially when charging and chewing up battery life like crazy. Is this happening to others? Is there a solution?

Let me know. Thank you

The same thing happened to my iPhone 5 - hot as hell and battery life was abysmal. I fixed both by doing a clean restore and starting from scratch. It's inconvenient to have to reload all my apps and music, but at least the problem was resolved.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Same here. It's been that way for me since I loaded the GM. I'm just living with it until I get the 6 tomorrow at which point I will do a clean install.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Probably with resetting some if not all settings to see of that might make a difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.