Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
No it didn't, they both round to 48 percent, as far as whole numbers are concerned they're exactly the same at the moment.

Edit: Actually in the day view it has, but I'm not sure 50% is worth mentioning.

Act3

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2014
USA

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Original poster
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
That link wont load for me for some reason, but do those figures count iphone 6/6+ seperate? Does it break it down to how many users of iPhone 5S and older that can support iOS 8 are using iOS 8?

How many of those adoptions of iOS8 are from people wanting to upgrade their hardware and iOS 8 is what you get with it?

Just total users. As of now, 48.17% are on iOS 8, 47.99% are on iOS 7, and the rest are on other.

NoHo

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2011
I went to iOS 8 but wish I could go back to iOS 7.

Using safari on iOS 8 is a very frustrating experience.

Ev0d3vil

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
I went to iOS 8 but wish I could go back to iOS 7.

Using safari on iOS 8 is a very frustrating experience.

I second that. It's annoying that tabs have to refresh so much. Even chrome doesn't do that as much. Also when chrome refreshes it loads them from cache, saving mobile data

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I have two lines, one running 4.2.6 and although I can't jailbreak it, I like how buttery smooth this firmware is.

I'm so typical and average on all other life fronts, it's nice to be categorized in the less than 1% via Apple.

luciekruger

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2014
The adoption is purely inhibited by the large number of update. Many of us are not knowing that we can also update it via iTunes incase we don't want to delete the videos and images to free up the space.

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
I would like to see the numbers of people who want to go back to iOS 7 and cannot. Then redo the percentages. Bet it's more like 60 / 40 in 7s favour.

Even people buying the 6\6+ seem to want 7. lol

Why I pay no attention to these bogus adoption rates.

They were lingering around 25-30% until they stopped signing 7.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I would like to see the numbers of people who want to go back to iOS 7 and cannot. Then redo the percentages. Bet it's more like 60 / 40 in 7s favour.

Even people buying the 6\6+ seem to want 7. lol

Why I pay no attention to these bogus adoption rates.

They were lingering around 25-30% until they stopped signing 7.

Or the people who want to go back to IOS 6 or IOS 5 or IOS 4. I can understand Apple does not want to be the Microsoft of mobile OS systems, which is why they stop signing old releases.

I haven't heard the IOS 8 adopters out in the real world wishing for IOS 7. Different circles I guess, which is why the adoption rates are an interesting metric.

Act3

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2014
USA
Or the people who want to go back to IOS 6 or IOS 5 or IOS 4. I can understand Apple does not want to be the Microsoft of mobile OS systems, which is why they stop signing old releases.

I haven't heard the IOS 8 adopters out in the real world wishing for IOS 7. Different circles I guess, which is why the adoption rates are an interesting metric.

My real word experience is that I adopted iOS 8, and I regret it every time I use my 5s. Even more so after I use my iPad 4 which is still cruising on 7.1.2

I guess those complaining on the forums are in "Mr. Roger's Land of Make Believe"

quackers82

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2014
To be fair , i remember a lot of iOS 7 users wanting to go back to iOS 6 at this point last year. But i do think Apple should support the 2 most recent versions of iOS and let the user choose to go back while its still supported if they wish.

Foss

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
What is Android adoption rate one month after release normally?

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
My real word experience is that I adopted iOS 8, and I regret it every time I use my 5s. Even more so after I use my iPad 4 which is still cruising on 7.1.2

I guess those complaining on the forums are in "Mr. Roger's Land of Make Believe"

Not make believe, maybe in the vocal complaining minority. I love my 5s on IOS 8 and my iPad 2 is faster on 8.0.2 then 7.1.2.

So yeah, different strokes for different folks.

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
I know this may be completely unrelated in some way, but have any of you guys running the latest iOS received error messages when attempting to send an iMessage to someone?

My girlfriend updated her phone but I'm still running 7.1.2 Now when she attempts to send me an iMessage, she receiving errors. However, I'm still able to text her with no problem.

Is there some sort of compatibility issue between the two? And if so, why would Apple force me to upgrade?

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I know this may be completely unrelated in some way, but have any of you guys running the latest iOS received error messages when attempting to send an iMessage to someone?

My girlfriend updated her phone but I'm still running 7.1.2 Now when she attempts to send me an iMessage, she receiving errors. However, I'm still able to text her with no problem.

Is there some sort of compatibility issue between the two? And if so, why would Apple force me to upgrade?

I receive iMessages from friends on 7.1.2. There is no compatibility issue between the two. You may want to log out of imessage then log back in and check the locations that you can receive immesages at.

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
I receive iMessages from friends on 7.1.2. There is no compatibility issue between the two. You may want to log out of imessage then log back in and check the locations that you can receive immesages at.

And you're able to reply back with no problem?

edit: nevermind, this worked. Thanks.

Sonicmojo

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2013
Not make believe, maybe in the vocal complaining minority. I love my 5s on IOS 8 and my iPad 2 is faster on 8.0.2 then 7.1.2.

Did you do your updates via iTunes or OTA?

I also have the 5s and an iPad 2 and have been loathing the thought of even trying to update for fear my device performance is going to feel like I downloaded a new "molasses" app that makes everything operate in slow motion.

Sonic.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Did you do your updates via iTunes or OTA?

I also have the 5s and an iPad 2 and have been loathing the thought of even trying to update for fear my device performance is going to feel like I downloaded a new "molasses" app that makes everything operate in slow motion.

Sonic.

2 iPads ota. 1 iphone OTA and the other iphone iTunes. No performance issues to speak of.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
I wonder if new iPhone 6 users skew the update numbers. While adoption rate is climbing, it could be just because there are more and more iPhone 6 users everyday. It seems most people that didn't update to iOS 8 initially don't really have plans to (mostly due to the fact that the OTA will not install for most people since it requires so much space).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.