Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Hi all

Currently have an iPhone 5 on iOS 8 an suffering from the battery issues that are known. Not the wifi issues though. I am considering getting the iPhone 6. However question is are those on iPhone 6 also suffering from battery and wifi issues on ios 8. Because I don't know If I should wait for the next software update that fixes these issues before getting the iPhone 6. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
Hi all

Currently have an iPhone 5 on iOS 8 an suffering from the battery issues that are known. Not the wifi issues though. I am considering getting the iPhone 6. However question is are those on iPhone 6 also suffering from battery and wifi issues on ios 8. Because I don't know If I should wait for the next software update that fixes these issues before getting the iPhone 6. Thanks in advance for your replies.

I had no issues with Wifi or battery on my 5S on iOS 8 or on my 6 now.

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2014
Hi all

I got the iPhone 6 (not Plus) and it has been very smooth. Battery life is as expected and I have no major performance issues to speak of. I did set up the phone as new since I haven't done it in a while. I also had ios 8 on my iPhone 5s and it was pretty smooth. There are definitely some wifi issues I have been experiencing on both iPad Air and iPhone 6 but I'm sure these will be sorted very quickly, they are annoying but shouldn't be a deal breaker.
The major performance issues again seem to be with the iPads, even my Air has some stutter in Safari and the Music app and some slight lag in weird spots of the OS. In general tho OS navigation is very smooth on both from my experience, similar to ios 7.1, and I have not had any freezes or springboard resets.
PS. I Love my iPhone 6, it's a very niiiiceeeee ;)

Last edited:

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Hey guys

Thanks for the replies. That's good to hear it's working fine. I am going to sell my iphone 5 and pay the difference and get the 6 then when the rush calms down a little lol.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
I have an iPhone 6 64GB (Not +) and I have the WiFi issues, I also had it on my 5s.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.