iOS 8 phone call problem

emporiky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 27, 2014
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has the following problem. Whenever someone calls me and I pick up there are a couple of seconds delay before the conversation can start.
Not sure if I explained it well (not a native speaker) but in other words for 1 or 2 seconds after I accept a call the phone continues ringing, which is kind of annoying :).

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What carrier are you with. I know with Verizon this is something that has been somewhat common for a while now (well before ios 8 and iPhone 6).

emporiky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 27, 2014
I live in Europe, so my carrier is different, and forgot to say I've got a 5c. But I did not have such problems with iOS 7

emporiky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 27, 2014
I did an over the air update. I wonder if I should make a clear reinstall.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Have you tried a few simpler things first like restarting, perhaps pulling the SIM and putting it back in, resetting network settings?

emporiky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 27, 2014
Have you tried a few simpler things first like restarting, perhaps pulling the SIM and putting it back in, resetting network settings?
Not really but sounds like a plan :) Trying it right now
Edit: How to reset networking settings? Trough carrier options?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Not really but sounds like a plan :) Trying it right now
Edit: How to reset networking settings? Trough carrier options?
I believe it's in the general section of settings, under the reset menu that should give you more options.

emporiky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 27, 2014
I tried it all, there seems to be a slight improvement, but still the delay is obvious :/

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
when i have a weak 1 dot of signal sometimes that happens but even a decent 1 dot will fix that, been like that since my iphone 3gs so isnt ios 8

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.